Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience rebadging their car? I want to switch my GT logo for the pony tri-bar and was wondering what size (4 or 4 1/2) and if the holes from the GT logo lined up with the pony tri-bar. Also how hard is it to remove the GT logo?
Finally, is the OEM faux gas cap really plastic or metal? I ask because Moss Motors has a pony cap but it is plastic.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I think the badges are just stick on, take a hair dryer and heat them. They should come off no problem, no holes to fill or line up.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
2005+ V6 right side emblem - 6R3Z-16228-A
John's Mustang RUNNING PONY FENDER EMBLEM [6R3Z-16228-A]
2005+ V6 left side emblem - 6R3Z-16228-B
John's Mustang RUNNING PONY FENDER EMBLEM [6R3Z-16228-B]

2005+ V6 rear badge - 5R3Z-6342528-AA
http://fordmustang.biz/Catalog/4433/

I have an '07 GT. I changed out the GT side emblems (I did not change the rear badge).

I used fishing line to "cut" through the double sided tape that held the GT emblems on. The V6 emblems fit perfect. The alignment holes left from the GT badges line up with the V6 emblems alignment studs.

I believe the OEM rear badge is plastic.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Not sure on the hole size, but, I believe the faux gas cap is plastic & can be removed with a heat source. There will be two holes behind it.

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
I always wanted to put the tri bar ponies on. Just never got around to ordering them and what not. May do that eventually, for me right now since im so close to buying the big mod (Vortech Blower kit) once i purchase that, and it is installed and tuned i plan to go for a break upgrade. Then i will aim to do the little stuff.

The tribar ponies rock! I am content on how my car looks for now, now i need the "Go" lol

·
Registered
118 Posts
I always wondered how they were held on there...... Im going for a total blacked out look and wanted to remove the badges. oh well, no point in paying all that money for body work just to get badge holes filled and repainted.. Though Maybe I can find black badges...

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
A heat gun (on low) with fishing line works wonders. Clean up an residual goo with napthalene or 3M adhesive remover.

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
I rebadge my "GT" with the Running Pony w/Tribar....the "GT" emblem was just stuck on, a hair dryer and fishing line worked wonders. As for the Running Pony emblem, I used the current V6 Pony Package emblem, worked perfectly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.