Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, i just figured id share some up to date pics of my 1967 mustang that iv been restoring. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
thats one awsome looking mustang, what color are you going to paint it

·
Registered
520 Posts
Finally someone who has it. That intake you have there, is it a spectre? I have been looking to get one of those but i havent found anything that could fit in my 66 engine bay. I know the 67 is a little wider but maybe it could work. thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks!! im very proud of it! the colors are tungsten gray and satin silver. its going to be two toned from the main body line up and down. im going with a blood red hand painted pinstripe to seperate the two colors. since im a painter, im doing all the paint work myself. the car is already jammed in. the intake is indeed a spectre and it took alittle work but i got it to fit nicely in the engine bay. i really like the new school look it gave the engine bay. it even has a distinct sound when you jump on gas. im more then happy with it. good luck with yours!

·
Registered
449 Posts
nice stang, i have something similar to that specter intake. found it in the junk yard, on some car ( not sure what car it was, was just thrilled i found it cuz it was going to rain ) i had to cut the bottom off it to shorten it, then i just epoxied the thing together and painted it black. works ok, with the summit cone filter.

interesting place to put ur msd ign lol. keep up the work!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks, yeah i like it hidden in the glove box. i was told to keep it out of the engine bay for heat reasons, even tho they always look great mounted in there. do you have any pics of your intake setup id like to see it.

·
Registered
449 Posts
this is it in my ht. i made it into a two piece, that way in winter its tucked in the engine bay, and in summer it runs out infront of the driver wheel with a shroud to protect the summit cone filter.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
very cool! i like that alot. your engine bay looks great. nice work!

·
Registered
449 Posts
thanks, just need to rewire the thing, get rid of all that ugly wiring under my hood. but then id have to not drive it for a while, so thats for another time.

·
Registered
520 Posts
That looks awesome man. I need to get me one of these things haha. I dont think that huge carb hat will fit that frankenstang has on his car. I know they make a thinner carb hat but it is kind of a trade off. You have to run 3 inch tubing for the thinner piece and i dont think i would have the room. Especially since i have a giant HEI in the way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.