Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 67 mustang with 390, edelbrock carb and manifold and FPA headers. It is having a vapor lock problem in the line from carb to the fuel line. I am looking for a phenolic spacer to replace the original metal one any suggestions on good source for one? Also, if that doesn't cure the problem thinkng of going to an electric fuel pump, any suggestions.

car is dialed in real well so pretty sure just dealing with a heat issue

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Try summit racing, they have many sizes, I picked up a 1/2" phenolic spacer since I'm using a high rise intake. Made a big difference in the temp of the carb., I could barely stand to touch it before, just warm now.
Jon

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

Thanks for the advice. Looked up on Summit and ordered a half inch spacer. I am going to see if this will solve the problem before I tackle an electric fuel pump.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
OOPPS, forgot to mention, you may need longer carb. mount studs to reach after installing the 1/2", see how much you have sticking above your carb base now. If not I think most parts stores sell longer ones or you can match them at the hardware store, 2 different threads on each end so take an old one.
Jon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts