Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a recomendation for an axle back exhaust for my 2008 GT? The factory exhaust is to mello. I want it to sound good with the best performance. Thanx.:racer:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I still want to be able to have a conversation while cruising down the road.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
FRPP GTAs might be the sound you're looking for. I don't know anyone who has them who doesn't like them.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
I have the FRPP GTs (Borla Stinger). They're a little louder but my favorite of the six axlebacks I've had.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
That's M-5230-GTA from Ford Racing Performance Parts. I have had them on for about a year and a half and still like them. There are a few times when I would like them to be a little louder, but the other 98% of the time they are great. You can hear them when you accelerate, but when you are cruising, they are in the background. (Neighbor friendly)
I think they also make a M-5230-GT that are slightly louder, they may be the ones used on the Bullitt.

Frank

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hele0n, I recommend the Pacifica Performance (MAC) Boom Tubes. I was like a giddy school girl the first time I fired up the engine. I'm still finding excuses to drive my car.

Also, hello everyone. This would be my first post. :)

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Hele0n, I recommend the Pacifica Performance (MAC) Boom Tubes. I was like a giddy school girl the first time I fired up the engine. I'm still finding excuses to drive my car.

Also, hello everyone. This would be my first post. :)
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have the FRPP GTs (Borla Stinger). They're a little louder but my favorite of the six axlebacks I've had.
+10 on the Stingers... I installed mine 2 weeks ago and still have factory headers / catted mid... and still love the sound. I cannot wait to get headers and mid pipe ( catted H probably ) in the near future :bigthumbsup

Edit: SLT I noticed that my stingers vibrate a little.. do you notice that with yours? I reused the factory hangers perhaps they are worn.. didnt look to bad though.. its on tight and nothing is sliding just vibrates.. Thoughts?

·
Registered
432 Posts
I've got the SSS Terminator Street system, it's basically a copy of a Borla for about $200+ less & sounds really good!

·
Registered
910 Posts
GTBs

I still want to be able to have a conversation while cruising down the road.
I use the GTBs which came in the FRPP Power Upgrade Kit. They only get loud when I am on it. At Idle they are only a little bit louder than the stock ones but have a deeper sound. On the highway, they are quite in the cabin. Not all suggested pipes and mufflers are legal in my state so I am restrained. Don't know what the deal is in Hawaii. Say, is the state speed limit still 45 like it was in the 60s when I lived there?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I put the Borla Stingers on my 08' GT/CS 2 months after I bought it.....LOVE THEM!!! They totally turn heads wherever you are. The sound is wonderful, when I start her up in the morning in the garage, they vibrate the entire house.....wonderful....lets me know my car is alive!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nope. There is one stretch going toward the west side of Ohau that is 60mph.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I use the GTBs which came in the FRPP Power Upgrade Kit. They only get loud when I am on it. At Idle they are only a little bit louder than the stock ones but have a deeper sound. On the highway, they are quite in the cabin. Not all suggested pipes and mufflers are legal in my state so I am restrained. Don't know what the deal is in Hawaii. Say, is the state speed limit still 45 like it was in the 60s when I lived there?
Nope. There is one stretch on H1 that gets up to 60.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
+10 on the Stingers... I installed mine 2 weeks ago and still have factory headers / catted mid... and still love the sound. I cannot wait to get headers and mid pipe ( catted H probably ) in the near future :bigthumbsup

Edit: SLT I noticed that my stingers vibrate a little.. do you notice that with yours? I reused the factory hangers perhaps they are worn.. didnt look to bad though.. its on tight and nothing is sliding just vibrates.. Thoughts?
Check to ensure that the front hanger (on the muffler) isn't hitting the rear of the bumper. They have a tendency to expand when warm. I had to cut off over an inch with a Dremel.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Borla Exhaust

I heard a Mustang GT (S197) recently that sounded like I remember muscle cars sounding so I had to look. I was impressed until I saw his Borla decals on his rear quarter panels. Boasting does not impress me any more. I doubt that guys mustang is sponsored. Oh well.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.