Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys well i wanted to know what should i do next to my 97 gt.My car currently has PI Swap, CAI( Spectre brand filter and Pipe), thrush welded 2.5 mufflers,short shifter, currently using motorcraft sprak plugs and cables. What should I do next?

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Subframe Connectors, Lower Control Arms and Gears.

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
Subframe Connectors, Lower Control Arms and Gears.
Yup, one often overlooked step in building these cars is making sure you can use all of the horsepower you have!

I've had good luck with UPR Products suspension, Nitto & Mickey Thompson tires.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
also an upper plenum and throttlebody upgrade will do it some good. but first thing is first..... gears.

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
what number of gears should i use im running the stock rims also what tb works better?
Gears depend on a lot of factors. Does the car see a lot of highway miles? Are you into drag racing? Future mods like blower or turbo?

Give us more info and we'll recommend a gear.

I think a 3.73 is a good all around gear, might recommend 4.10s if you're more of a drag racer though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its more like a 70/30 i do must of the racing over the weekend for know im gonna keep all motor. A friend of mine recomended me a 3.50 dont know if that to much or to low. I need a new gas pump since mine doesnt work anymore any recomendations about that?

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
3.55's wouldn't even be a worthwhile change.

3.73's if you do a lot of extended 70+ mph on the highway
4.10's if you cruise town mostly, and short jaunts on the highway over 70mph
4.30's if you want max acceleration, and barely drive on the highway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts