Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok since no one could help me out with my first post, i will try again, ok i didnt do a burnout for my first run of the night and when i launched, i guess i just sat there spinning, but its funny, cause i just rotated my tires, and i felt i would have better traction but not the case. but like i was saying, when i launched i immediately red-lined, and got my azz whopped, well i caught the door crossing the line, but still, im not used to this. is it the tires, do i need to burnout before every run or what. also when i launch, it seems my fron end lifts and i get the strangest noise and it seems to be coming from behind the dash panel, and i feel a strange vibration in the steering wheel while the noise is going on, it only does it on take off though.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
my mustang gt was the first car i ever went to track with that was a stick, i was launching at 2500 with no burnout and when i took off, i got a little bit of tire spin followed by alot of tire hop, and it felt very shaky like the back end was well... hopping. the next few times i got better and i got advice to launch from 3-4000rpm, and i added burining out a few times to warm up tires... i usually run 4 times.. the first 2 i burn out the last too my tires are pretty hot so i dont.... and i dont get tire hop anymore, or peelout. Let me know if this is similar problem

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.