Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does the 05 have a rev limiter or wahtever you call it...like the RSX-S if you rev the engine it stops at red line and bounces and sounds real good...i dont have mine yet i was just wondering if my o5 GT that should be here in march :) will have it...thanks

·
Registered
435 Posts
Every engine has some kind of rev limiter to keep the RPMs below a certain point, or redline, and the '05 GT is no different.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Stillalive2029 said:
does the 05 have a rev limiter or wahtever you call it...like the RSX-S if you rev the engine it stops at red line and bounces and sounds real good...i dont have mine yet i was just wondering if my o5 GT that should be here in march :) will have it...thanks
The rev limiter kills the gas at 6 grand... screaming then uuuuuuuuu not ......don't know about any bounce or sound...it only happened once I hit the clutch and threw 3rd....didn't miss a beat.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am talkign about when it is in neutral and you jsut rev up the engine...all my friend has to do is basically hold the gas down and the rpms go all the way up and stop at red line and just kind of stay there and ROAR

·
Registered
604 Posts
( Old man in me comming out....... )
but why would one want to redline an engine in neutral, standing still???

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey dude, why in the hell do you wanna abuse your motor so bad?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Stillalive2029 said:
i am talkign about when it is in neutral and you jsut rev up the engine...all my friend has to do is basically hold the gas down and the rpms go all the way up and stop at red line and just kind of stay there and ROAR
Sounds great...if you want to spin a main or rod bearing. You should only rev you engine under load, and then for only brief spurts to the redline.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts