Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I haven't been on here in a while.
Last year we added a new baby to the family and I've been busier than ever. Anyway, I am almost done paying my car off. I am going to get a supercharger very soon so here is my question.

I am not a drag racer or anything I just like to cruise around on the weekends with the wife + or - kids depending on grandma so I'd like to get a supercharger that is reliable and is not going to break in a few months. I am torn between the intercooled Vortech and the Edelbrock packages from Brenspeed so I'd like to know of any horror stories and good stories. Maybe that will help me make my mind up.

Please do not tell me about power I have done my research and I know they are different. I'd like to know for how long you've had it and if you have had a problem. Also, if and when a problem occur did the manufacturer stand behind the product and so on.

Thanks! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have an Edelbrock Supercharger E-Force since 5/10. I am very pleased with it, there has been absolutely no problems with the initial install or until today. I feel that it was a good match for me. It's a weekend car/show car and not a drag car. The car handles as if it were stock when driving around in a normal driving manner. Gas mileage around town is better than it was before, highway gets about 28 mile per gallon (this of course is not in boost) However when you step on the gas hold on because it goes like a bat out of hell. The only bad thing that I could say is that, at car shows I have to spend alot of time talking to people over and over about the E-Force. So if you don't like talking to people don't get it, otherwise I feel it would be a good fit for you.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Ford factory sold supercharger should be reliable and you're not in a hurry since it is a few months away.

GT500 on 4.6

·
Premium Member
1,910 Posts
Edelbrock is a great company and we havent really had any issues whatsoever with their superchargers. They also have a great customer service and tech support. The Eaton TVS screws really can take some RPMs and definitely produce some good power. We have plenty of customers running our custom E force kits on their daily driven cars with ZERO issues. Feel free to give us a call at 574.594.9559 if have any questions!

Thanks,
Chandler

1 - 4 of 4 Posts