Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2012 v6 mustang with long tube headers and a catted x pipe. my car is registered and safety inspected in texas but im stationed in california for about a year.

is there a big chance that i could get pulled over for having LTH's and get fined or something. i just know that cali is really big on emissions

·
Registered
350 Posts
If your license is Texas, the car's reg'ed in Texas and your official state of domicile is still Texas, and all that paperwork is up to date... you should be GTG.

I don't think the cops on base could give two about whether you've got Cali-compliant emissions or not.

Just don't get a Cali license, or then you're hosed.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
If your license is Texas, the car's reg'ed in Texas and your official state of domicile is still Texas, and all that paperwork is up to date... you should be GTG.

I don't think the cops on base could give two about whether you've got Cali-compliant emissions or not.

Just don't get a Cali license, or then you're hosed.

Remember,your supposed to register your can in california within something like 30 or 90 days of moving in state or at least getting caught. So long as you dont have a in state license,they wont demand you show them proof of where you live,but if you get a second ticket more than that much later,they can give you another ticket for that.

·
Registered
254 Posts
If your military and only there for a year your exempt I believe. If anyone does give you a hard time tell them your welcome for serving our country.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well everything on my car and my license is from texas. so i guess il just avoid the cops as much as i can.

and actually the base made me get a smog test for my car.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm registered in NC and stationed in Cali. I havent had a problem so far.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I know there are a lot of non-military guys running LTH out here. How they get away with it in terms of emissions I can not say. But I've been told if you drive responsibly (especially when you know cops are sniffing around) you should be good. I'd imagine 9 times out of 10 you could drive right by a cop (at a slow speed-limit speed) and he'd go right by. They have bigger fish to fry than popping yer hood to see if you're running headers or stockers..especially if your just harmfully cruising.....Come ripping around a corner though and you're asking for it. :kooky:

You guys with Longtubes, how much noise attention do you get on the roads?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts