Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, All,

I had to fix the coolant leak and I removed and reinstalled the manifold, I also replaced the gaskets.

whan I start it it stays around 2000rpm, and if i give gas it will stall

I looked for a leak with a gas torch but nothing, what else can I check?

Thanks

John

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
You almost certainly have a vacuum leak. Try checking with a smoke machine.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
did you reconnect the vacuum line that's at the rear of the manifold that goes to the brake booster? fully seated the electrical connectors to the TB and IMCR motor at the back of the manifold? MAF connector? both bank vent tubes that go to intake? vacuum line that goes to the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail? EVAP purge valve vacuum line? just a few things off the top of my head to check, good luck

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Guys, So depressed!

It's rough! I found a small leak in the intake, so I bought the new Intake (2007 version since 2005 is obsolete).

:eek: And the car runs still rough, has a high idle, and randomly goes up and down, and after driving will start only if I give all the gas on pedal.\

At this time if i inject smoke into the manifold I don't get any leak

I also had 2 errors p0196, u190 after 30 minutes driving :eek:

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Disconnect the negative battery cable for at least 10 minutes to reset the KAM, and perform the idle relearn procedure when you start the engine. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No luck with the idle relearn procedure, it will stay for 3-4 minutes to 1500RMP and too smelly then I had to turn it off before my neighbors will get upset.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anyone can see if there is something wrong with the sensors with my ODB2 scanner:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, i did it however it looks like there is no leak

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found this guide to read OBD2 sensor very useful:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I finally figure it out, If you see in the screen capture of the OBD2 reading it says coolant temperature -40, so I followed the sensor cable and find out that was connected in the wrong way

1 - 12 of 12 Posts