Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my new engine... I picked the car up today exactly 1 month from the date of drop off and the service adviser wouldn't give me the paperwork - said I was good to go... I couldn't' do much so I left, called Ford Corporate. They straightened it out. I picked up my paperwork from the cashier - drive home. I've got 2 miles on my engine by this point. As I drive home, I turned on my A/C which no longer works, my heater no longer works. Then I notice I have a very high pitched whine, non intake related as it only happens when in gear... When I get home, I look at the service record and find out the new engine is actually a remanufactured engine. How did a complete new engine turn into a remanufactured engine, and why would they be so sneaky about it?

Anyone know where to look on the block to see how old this thing was?:nono::nono:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Didn't mean to start a new thread

This continues on my 2012 GT, 10k, completely stock vehicle that developed a very loud knock after 2nd oil change. 8 months old.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Your dealer sucks, the techs suck, the service advisor sucks...
I've read all that you are going through and at no point did it sound like the dealer gave one once of consideration to you and treated you like a whinning *****.
None of the problems you now describe sound like its the motor, simply an incomplete install. Probably an over worked tech trying to pump cars out. And the service advisor didn't test drive before he gave it to you. And you would think with the district guys and Ford advisors on here tracking the issue, the GM would make a special effort to make sure you got a car back that was right. An example of how poor leadership can radiate throughout an organization.
Obviously, you are going to call the district folks, they will make the dealer fix the issues, and they probably hate you by now so who knows what will pop up in a year from now.
If your car is financed, call the leadnder and tell the dealer stuck a reman in your car. That will not go over well. And then tell them its not the car you agreed to pay for and ask where should you park it to give it back to them. They will be on the phone quick. Then tell your insurance company the same thing.
You need to plaster the dealership name on every site you can, yelp, BBB, etc. But don't blame Ford on this one.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
If your car is financed, call the leadnder and tell the dealer stuck a reman in your car. That will not go over well. And then tell them its not the car you agreed to pay for and ask where should you park it to give it back to them. They will be on the phone quick. Then tell your insurance company the same thing.
You are suggesting this guy should trash his credit rating over an issue that doesn't involve the lender? Even if he does that and the lender repossesses the car he will still owe the remaining balance of the car that the lender doesn't get when they sell it. That's just making a bad situation worse.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Heck Id be calling Ford and say look this dealer has been screwing me over how bout a Boss crate engine

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The dealer has some part of this, Ford district other parts.

Mac Haik - they suck for not providing a loaner, Mac Haik sucks for telling me UPS lost a replacement head (sent an empty box) if you can believe that. Mac Haik sucks for telling me they got ford to approve a new engine only to replace it with a remanufactured engine without any notification. Mac Haik sucks for telling me my car was ready and trying to get me to leave without paperwork - simply a your good to go, and a "we'll mail it" after being asked for it. Mac Haik sucks for having to make me go to Ford corporate to put heat on providing paperwork. But mostly, Mac Haik sucks for returning the car after an entire month with no a/c, no heater, and a manufacture rebuilt replacement engine on my 10k mile 35K vehicle.

Ford district was great for helping me get into a loaner after 2.5 wks, they were great at putting the heat under the dealer for not providing paper work - but mostly they suck for dragging out the warranty repairs for so long only to replace the engine with a remanufactured engine when the vehicle was so new.

·
Registered
605 Posts
You are suggesting this guy should trash his credit rating over an issue that doesn't involve the lender? Even if he does that and the lender repossesses the car he will still owe the remaining balance of the car that the lender doesn't get when they sell it. That's just making a bad situation worse.
Wrong! This won't "trash" your credit no matter what kind of scare tactics credit card companies and such put out there to keep people from using tactics such as this. The real situations is the leander loaned him 35$ for a car that doesn't exist (fraud) and is not worth the value because of the dealers action. It might as well be a rebuilt. They've already lost money. They will fight to get it back if the company is worth a crap.
Ford corporate needs to send yoou to a new dealer. Period! And put you in a car while the jobs is done right.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
How many miles were on the car and what happened to the original engine?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Wrong! This won't "trash" your credit no matter what kind of scare tactics credit card companies and such put out there to keep people from using tactics such as this. The real situations is the leander loaned him 35$ for a car that doesn't exist (fraud) and is not worth the value because of the dealers action. It might as well be a rebuilt. They've already lost money. They will fight to get it back if the company is worth a crap.
Ford corporate needs to send yoou to a new dealer. Period! And put you in a car while the jobs is done right.
You have no clue what you're talking about. First off it isn't the bank's problem. If they call his bluff and he dumps the car it
is a voluntary repo and it will trash his credit plus he'll be on the hook for the unrecovered balance after the bank sells the car. How about getting a hold of Deesha and getting some help from corporate or pushing Ford to buy the car back?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm very curious about this and keep us posted Jenzie. Have you messaged Deysha about all of this? I'm also very very interested in why the dealership put a reman engine in your car, especially after telling you that they got approval for a new one. Where did they source the reman motor?

·
Registered
605 Posts
You have no clue what you're talking about. First off it isn't the bank's problem. If they call his bluff and he dumps the car it
is a voluntary repo and it will trash his credit plus he'll be on the hook for the unrecovered balance after the bank sells the car. How about getting a hold of Deesha and getting some help from corporate or pushing Ford to buy the car back?
I have 30 years of this kind of experience. Thank you!
The point is that it will not get to the point of the bank selling the car wholesale. After he talks with the leander and explains the issues, they WILL get involved and leverage thier powers, which not only includes staff lawyers but the ability to reject any future loans. The dealer will take notice. And lets say he did refuse to pay, the car will be sold at auction and he will have to make payments until the upside down balance is paid. That process takes at a minimum of 6 months, avg about a year, before he is ordered to pay. And his credit would take a total of a 40 point hit until he files a dispute. With a good or great credit rating, that doesn't exclude youfrom future loans. You may have to pay an extra 1% until you get it struck from your records. BTW-never sign a dispute agreement with one of the big 3 credit reporting agencies. Once you do, you waive all rights to an independent arbitor. I won't go into the process after this, but his credit will look fine to future leanders...
Again, you don't let it get to this point until all else has failed but don't ever believe that creditors hold all the power.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mac Haik really screwed me over

Clearly states, less than 12 months, less than 12k miles = new engine, nor remanufactured...

Issue Date: Warranty Administrator for Dealers Jan 15, 2011, Posted On: 1/15/2011

Ford targets use of new assemblies when rebuilt parts will do
Ford is making a concerted effort to ensure that dealership shops use remanufactured engine and transmissions for warranty repairs on vehicles that are beyond the standard 12/12 warranty.

Starting February 1, Ford's warranty claims assessors will be on the look-out for claims submitted with a new engine (gas or diesel) or transmission (manual or automatic) assembly on vehicles older than 12/12 (12 months/12,000 miles.)
As a reminder, in Ford's Repair vs. Replacement policy found in the Warranty & Policy manual, Section 3, page 123, states:
"Ford remanufactured engine assemblies, when available, must be used in all New Vehicle Limited Warranty, Field Service Action (recalls), and ESP repairs when the repair vs. replace decision provided by the Cost Cap Tool is to replace the assembly. EXCEPTION: For a vehicle within the first 12 months / 12,000 miles (whichever occurs first) of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty period, dealers may replace an assembly with a new assembly if the estimated repair cost is above the cost of replacement using a new assembly."

If an assessor finds a new assembly on a warranty repair beyond 12/12, the assessor will ask for verification from you (the dealership) that a rebuilt assembly was not available. If verification is not provided, the assessor will adjust the parts total to match the remanufactured assembly cost or handling allowance. Actually, following Ford's assessors' past history, they will probably adjust the claim first and force the dealership appeal the decision later.

This means that it is up to your parts department to adequately support the "unavailability" of a remanufactured assembly. Ford assessors will insist that you have available the documentation that verifies your FAD did not have a remanufactured assembly available at the time of the repair. Your parts department is also required to contact at least one additional FAD when the facing FAD does not have the assembly and retain proof this proof as well.

There are two occasions when a new unit might be used even when a remanufactured one was available. The first is at the explicit instructions of the Technical Hotline. The assessor will look the in Technical Hotline record, if you make a note of it in the comments, but do yourself a favor and like the FAD unavailability documents, have the technician save the Technical Hotline case narrative as well.

The second reason is because the customer is screaming bloody murder about Ford wanting to replace their nice, well maintained engine assembly with some rebuilt one with indeterminate mileage and history.

While it is somewhat understandable, Ford does have the right to make repairs at their discretion. Normally, if a customer's engine or transmission is so far gone as to require an assembly replacement, you can make the case that it is gone and your rebuilding it is no different than the Ford remanufactured assembly. Actually it is slightly better because Ford will strip out and replace a lot more parts than you will be allowed to.

If the customer still insists on a new unit, you may do so but the difference in price would either be paid for by the customer (good luck with that) or out of your CLP allowance. In either case, submit the claim with the new assembly part number and cost but put the difference in customer or dealer participation as the case might be. If you want to use CLP funds to cover the extra cost, submit the CLP repair as a refund.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Wow way to handle it Ford!

I will never buy another Ford. They make some nice cars but if you happen to get a defective one, not only the dealership the op is referring to but it seems many others, including my own, just sort of give you a " oh well, you shouldn't have bought one of the ****** ones" kinda attitude , and basically tell you to live with it.

I have seen many cases like this on the Forum. Not once did I see a Subaru owner get shafted like this. Its embarrassing.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Sorry for the BS credit discussion hijacking your thread.
That is a great example of big business at its finest. I bet a show like Dateline would love to flash that across the TV screen...
The part about a remenufacuted motor being better than what people drove in with is actually a good point. If Ford did the rebuild right with all new components, you're likely getting a very nice motor...

·
Registered
153 Posts
The dealer has some part of this, Ford district other parts.

Mac Haik - they suck for not providing a loaner, Mac Haik sucks for telling me UPS lost a replacement head (sent an empty box) if you can believe that. Mac Haik sucks for telling me they got ford to approve a new engine only to replace it with a remanufactured engine without any notification. Mac Haik sucks for telling me my car was ready and trying to get me to leave without paperwork - simply a your good to go, and a "we'll mail it" after being asked for it. Mac Haik sucks for having to make me go to Ford corporate to put heat on providing paperwork. But mostly, Mac Haik sucks for returning the car after an entire month with no a/c, no heater, and a manufacture rebuilt replacement engine on my 10k mile 35K vehicle.

Ford district was great for helping me get into a loaner after 2.5 wks, they were great at putting the heat under the dealer for not providing paper work - but mostly they suck for dragging out the warranty repairs for so long only to replace the engine with a remanufactured engine when the vehicle was so new.
I remember not too long ago a member here was having problems with that particular dealers sales team. Now it seems the service team is a let down as well. Doesn't sound too good.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I thnk Ford cars are pretty good on quality. Certainly the best American car company, but the DEALERSHIPS leave a lot to be desired. They are still running off the old school "F" the customer attitude where as most other manufacturers dealerships have evolved with the times and have a customer care attitude. It's a good business model.

I'm glad I have a good dealership to go to if a warranty problem occurs (which hasn't happened yet).

·
Registered
60 Posts
I thnk Ford cars are pretty good on quality. Certainly the best American car company, but the DEALERSHIPS leave a lot to be desired. They are still running off the old school "F" the customer attitude where as most other manufacturers dealerships have evolved with the times and have a customer care attitude. It's a good business model.

I'm glad I have a good dealership to go to if a warranty problem occurs (which hasn't happened yet).
If that was the case Ford would be out of business by now, Doesn't matter the manufacture they are all mass produced vehicles and there are going to be a few bad ones in the mix. As others have stated if the engine was rebuilt correctly then your re-manufactured engine is going to be better then a mass produced one. The dealer doesn't appear to be doing there jobs correctly. --Cheers

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Wow way to handle it Ford!

I will never buy another Ford. They make some nice cars but if you happen to get a defective one, not only the dealership the op is referring to but it seems many others, including my own, just sort of give you a " oh well, you shouldn't have bought one of the ****** ones" kinda attitude , and basically tell you to live with it.

I have seen many cases like this on the Forum. Not once did I see a Subaru owner get shafted like this. Its embarrassing.
My 2012 GT had its engine replaced at 23700 miles with no hesitation from Ford. They installed a brand new 2013 service replacment engine. It took them five days. I am grateful for how Ford handled my issue. I think the biggest variable is the dealership you take the car to, and, let's be honest here - how the owner behaves himself at the dealership. I was polite, patient, and thankful, and I think that went a long way in getting a resolution I'm happy with.

Does that make you feel better about buying your Ford?

For the record, I helped a coworker take apart the entire backseat area of his Subaru WRX and insulate it with microfiber towels to stop a horrible rattle that the dealer wouldn't acknowledge.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
My 2012 GT had its engine replaced at 23700 miles with no hesitation from Ford. They installed a brand new 2013 service replacment engine. It took them five days. I am grateful for how Ford handled my issue. I think the biggest variable is the dealership you take the car to, and, let's be honest here - how the owner behaves himself at the dealership. I was polite, patient, and thankful, and I think that went a long way in getting a resolution I'm happy with.

For the record, I helped a coworker take apart the entire backseat area of his Subaru WRX and insulate it with microfiber towels to stop a horrible rattle that the dealer wouldn't acknowledge.
What went wrong with yours?

·
Registered
375 Posts

Oh please, being nice, polite, and patient gets you walked all over. You just happen to have one of the few legit dealerships, try that at either one of the 2 Ford dealerships I've been to and see how far polite and patient gets you. I've tried and trust me, it got me no where.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts