Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last August (last time I was at the track) my smack talking BIL challenged me in his 4 door (with child seats in the back) G35.
I went home in shame: He ran a 14.3, I ran a 14.9........ ugly.

The rematch will be this Friday night.

When I raced last Summer my car had a stock motor with 185k miles, smog delete, o/r h pipe, 373s, and sub-frame connectors.

Since then I've rebuilt the block, gt40 heads, e-cam, explorer intake, bigger MAF, bigger tb, 24lb injectors, lower control arms, bigger fuel pump.

My 'weakest link' is my crappy street tires, but that isn't getting any better before friday.

Everything I've done has to be worth at least a second off my time??

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
i remember this story..

you should still be able to get into the 13's even on street tires..just dont fry them out of the hole and you should easily walk away with the W:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Like Need said don't fry the tires and you should catch up to him by mid way.

·
Banned
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just found out that my BIL won't make it tonight; but I going to run anyway. Anything faster then a 14.3 will be a win since that is his best last time.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Tear it up and leave with a smile on his face....also make sure you take pictures, videos and make sure your BIL sees it all (only if you beat 14.3 that is) :laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
You need to beat him! My buddy who I used to race with has a 350z(same motor but better for racing obviously) seems to think the 3.5 Nissan POS is a godly motor. I beat him every time and there's always an excuse. So give him hell and don't forget to tell him, "shoulda bought American!"

·
Banned
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bo ya!

The time slip from 2nd run of the night is attached. They threw me off the track because I don't have a helmet.......... Ignore the reaction time, I waited on purpose because I didn't want to 'race' the car I was lined up with.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
get some tires/suspension and it'll run low 13's with a 101mph trap speed :bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts