Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must have remote start. My current Mustang has it, but I am already thinking down the road for the next purchase.:wink:


I know remote start is only available with the auto transmission. No issues there. But, is remote start via the key fob and the Ford Pass App part of a "package"? I have not been able to find that on the internet so far.


I use the Ford Pass app about 75% of the time to remotely start my car while it's in a parking garage about 5-8 minutes away, the other 25% I use the fob to start the car in my house garage. We are old farts and don't like getting into a cold car, and the remote feature on our Mustang is the reason we drive it much more than my wife's car in the very cold or hot weather. Hers is a BMW 440i; amazing a car costing that much has no remote start feature, but then that's a German thing......



Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
I looked at the window sticker for my car and it doesn't mention the remote start anywhere. It may be part of the premium package, but a quick visit to the Ford website will tell you for sure.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
3,027 Posts
You can actually get remote start on manual cars as well. I have had it on a few of mine. Not sure if Ford will do it, but many shops that install car add ons like this will do it with ease. They have safe stops in place so it won't start if car is in gear...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked at the window sticker for my car and it doesn't mention the remote start anywhere. It may be part of the premium package, but a quick visit to the Ford website will tell you for sure.



I think the remote start with the Ford App (phone, not the fob) may only be on cars with the "Ford Pass", which I think is standard on the Premiums. So I suppose the remote using the key fob is probably also standard with the Premiums.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,410 Posts
my dad has remote start on his '19 ranger(fob) and I have the app on my fone no issues

ONX Has the fob just like the ranger
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
I think the remote start with the Ford App (phone, not the fob) may only be on cars with the "Ford Pass", which I think is standard on the Premiums. So I suppose the remote using the key fob is probably also standard with the Premiums.
I just tried out the FordPass app to start my 2020 GT (not Premium). It started the engine after commanding it through the internet. It took about 15 seconds or so for it to do it, same amount of time to turn it off. My concern is how easy would it be for someone to "hack" into your system? I'm just a little skeptical about all this connectivity today. I wonder how easy it is to steal one of today's cars? Any wonder why I park it inside my enclosed garage?
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top