Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do we take the pony off the front of our cars to replace it or paint it? I want to do something with mine, but dont wanna break it in the process.. any info will be awesome! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
166 Posts
it has 4 clips on the back of it that are not easy to get off. i broke one of the pegs on my moms when i replaced her grill.

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took off my Radiator cover to have a little more hand space.. then chickened out b/c i didnt wanna break the pony.. but this is what im going for.. heres a photoshop..

Attachments

·
Registered
889 Posts
I wouldn't mess with it. The chrome pony is one of the things that really stands out and screams mustang. Anything you do to it will lessen it and make it blend in more.

I have a black mustang and my friends say that when I'm behind them on the city streets, the chrome pony really stands out in the rearview. Anything you do to cover the chrome will make it stand out less.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I love the chrome Pony on the front! Why would you want to hide it?

·
Registered
381 Posts
If you don't want the pony there, why are you so worried about breaking it then?

I mean, I agree with the later posts, the Mustang is unique in that it is a badge of its own, like the cobra on SVT Mustangs.

Anyway, you either chance taking the pony off and breaking it or just replacing the entire grill, simple ;)

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I took off my Radiator cover to have a little more hand space.. then chickened out b/c i didnt wanna break the pony.. but this is what im going for.. heres a photoshop..
I did something similar, but with my own personal twist.:D
It's the Agent 47 grille with a CDC pony (which happens to be a Scott Drake '69 reproduction emblem by the way) topped off with my Chrome door trim.

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
^^^^^^^
I love the plate!!!

I was thinking about painting mine black too. I don;t think I will, though.

·
Registered
635 Posts
If you break it, it is the tabs. You could always glue it back on when your done messing with it.

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I love the chrome Pony on the front! Why would you want to hide it?
Im going for all Blue and black.. trying to make it more "stealth"? if thats the word i should use..

If you don't want the pony there, why are you so worried about breaking it then?

I mean, I agree with the later posts, the Mustang is unique in that it is a badge of its own, like the cobra on SVT Mustangs.

Anyway, you either chance taking the pony off and breaking it or just replacing the entire grill, simple ;)
I want the pony there, but just black.. but i might just wait for that then because i dont want to spend money on the grill if i break it.. i am being as cheap as possible to keep on saving for my blower.. lol..:gringreen
I did something similar, but with my own personal twist.:D
It's the Agent 47 grille with a CDC pony (which happens to be a Scott Drake '69 reproduction emblem by the way) topped off with my Chrome door trim.
I really do like how yours looks.

If you break it, it is the tabs. You could always glue it back on when your done messing with it.
Very true, i dont know i just chickened out when i saw those tabs.. ive worked w/ those before and they area PITA.. (my friends Evo bumper, well an aftermarket/UK version bumper)

·
Registered
25,075 Posts
Funny thing just last night while looking through my wish catalog, my husband said he loves the look of the clean grill. We discussed doing that and I want to move the fogs center and below!! I think it will look great, of course I love that running pony as an option!

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ill agree, i do love the running pony it does add that little something to the car.. but i felt like going all black n blue.. i even looked at black rims w/ small chrome lip..

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
its funny you said that, i was recently at a mustang show where i bought my Sequential taillights.. and they had that Blue and black pony.. it was 90 dollars.. and i didnt have any more cash on me :(...otherwise i woulda bought it.. but 145.00 for the pony is pretty steep.. for me atleast.. thanks for the link though. maybe in the near future:)

·
Registered
381 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Im going for all Blue and black.. trying to make it more "stealth"? if thats the word i should use..
A man after my own heart.
For those who don't approve of his vision, to each his own.
That's what's so great, that we can all have a unique vision, and while some ideas may be similar, we usually end up with a one of a kind pony.
I think most of us are against the idea of a cookie cutter mustang.

Here's what my front end currently looks like:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nice pony man.. i do like how that looks.. i might just pull the trigger 2night after i get back from work..(doing a double).. ill have more money to toy with i guess.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
i like the blue/black flame pony a lot. I don't know though, i love the OEM pony in the grill.

·
Registered
315 Posts
i like the blue/black flame pony a lot. I don't know though, i love the OEM pony in the grill.
I did too, especially when I had the corral and fog bezels.
Once I took them off, I decided to further my black and blue theme.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.