Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to remove the side Mustang decals. Has anyone else done this?? If so, how long did you have the car before you did it? Did it leave any residue? Did it come off? And... How did you do it?? Thanks in advance~!! :laughlitt

G

·
maybe if you try heating it with a hair dryer in your garage and go centimeter by centimeter it will only take the paint? if its anything like my stripes across the top it seems like its stuck to the metal....which is great for me..i wouldnt even consider taking it off...got any pics?

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have used a product in the past called "Goo Gone". It softens the glue without harming your paint. I used it to remove dealership decals and such.....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nghtrnnr said:
maybe if you try heating it with a hair dryer in your garage and go centimeter by centimeter it will only take the paint? if its anything like my stripes across the top it seems like its stuck to the metal....which is great for me..i wouldnt even consider taking it off...got any pics?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/kaihiolakat/New%20Stang/NewStang001.jpg

The gold stripe on the side. It's ugly and I wanna take it off. :sterb: I heard it's easy to take off. But I couldn't find the old posts about it. :rolleyes: I thought about a hair dryer too.. lol.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Kaihila its very easy to do!!!!! I do this all the time. Im a auto painter. No nasty residue no paint coming off no nothing....piece of cake! acually on a hot summer day they will darn near fall off. Doesnt matter how long they have been on....well you know. 3M makes them..good material. I would use a heat gun...a hair dryer might not get hot enough. try to heat the paint around the stripe more so than just the stripe. the wider area you can heat the better. I have a heat lamp at work which is nice :) now go get them nasty gold stripes off :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thats funny I just took mine off today, Ive been wanting to take it off everysince i got the car in march it was easy it didnt take long at all and didnt leave any discoloration it did leave the sticky stuff but I used something like paint thinner and it took it right off

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aww you guys are great~!!! Thanks for the replies~!! I'll post pics after I'm done. I can't wait~!!!! :worship :eyepoppin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts