Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks.. I am having my Black 2005 GT vinly stripped tomorrow but I am trying to remove the fake gas cap on the trunk.. There are some screws on the back and i removed then and it just removed the key mechanizism.. any suggestings????

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Could it be just sticked to the trunk?

Check our steedas alum gas cap, looks damn nice

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
might be some screws under the black gt badge.

·
Registered
421 Posts
if you don't want it, I'll take it off your hands! ;)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
silverjay57 said:
if you don't want it, I'll take it off your hands! ;)
hahaha yeah right!!!!..... no the thing is i removed it si i can get it stripped.. which came out hot!!! it was just glued on so i'm gonna put it back tomorrow... i'll set up some pic's so everyone can see...

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
where in NY are you?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
raymo_05v6 said:
AHhhhhh thats cool, definately gotta post those pics when you can :)
yeah it was pretty crappy weather today.. just rain, so hopefully tomorrow it will be sunny and i'll take some pic's...:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
how did you get the cover off superman??

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
haha yeah I hear that alot... I used to have a 99 Durnago with white stripes anda huge superman logo on the back window and on the doors.... just take it off w/a knife or screw driver... its just glue that's holding it there.. I know have a blakc Xterra.. I have a similar grey logo on my back window and 2 small ones on the doors...

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
that new cap looks nice. i might have made the superman logo bigger though, it kinda looks too small. how did it look without any fake gas cap cover? i bet it looked cleaner

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks i wanted the sign to be subtle.... yeah it did look nice and clean.. but it also does look really sweet now....

·
Registered
421 Posts
Kudos to you for doing it!!!
nice and classy....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts