Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have an '07 with the stock fan blade wheels and spinners. I'm thinking about taking off the spinners and just taking the center caps out and using them to replace the spinners. Can this be done? Is there any problem with reversing this if I don't like the look?
Thanks very much.

·
Registered
297 Posts
If you are thinking of removing the center piece from the spinner and placing it inside the wheel opening, I don't think you can remove them without destroying them. But I know for a fact that they sell plain center caps with the "Pony" or "Ford" emblems all ready to install. They are a little pricey though. Just do a search for "2007 Mustang Center Caps" and you're bound to get a bunch of hits.

Good luck!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Sure you can. The center caps just pop out (from the inside). How do you think they do it at tire shops? I've popped various center out, including spinners and oem caps. Just do it carefully not to bend or damage them. A big socket or small pipe works good.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Sure you can. The center caps just pop out (from the inside). How do you think they do it at tire shops? I've popped various center out, including spinners and oem caps. Just do it carefully not to bend or damage them. A big socket or small pipe works good.
+1

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I've never cared for the spinner center caps. Like other members stated, it's easy to change them out. I broke one once, think I paid around $20 at a ford dealer for a replacement.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got a set of 4.0 center caps for mine. All I did with the spinners was pull them out and pop in the new ones. I've seen a set of 4 spinners new for $100 so maybe they have some resale value?? I've kept mine though as anything original I replace I keep for when I come to sell my car if they don't like what I've added.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts