Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i removed the emblems yesterday on my 5.0 and the prev. owner had stuck them on with silicone and i cant get that crap off there. the bulk of it is gone but it left a hazy footprint of the old emblems. any ideas?without harming the paint of course.. thx in advance.

· Registered
123 Posts
Pretty sure lighter fluid would work too, just make sure after all the silicones off, to wash the area down real good.
before you wash it strike it with a match.

be careful what remover you use some might wear away paint

· Registered
165 Posts
If it is true silicone, then you should be able to rub it off the paint, if its old and brittle, then get a good adhesive remover, like previously stated, i use some from C.R. Laurence company, they make some bad a** stuff, we use it on painted vehicle surfaces, and it doesnt hurt anything.and then hit it with a good hand glaze or buffing compuond to bring back the luster.:bigthumbsup

· Registered
31,118 Posts
You could try what's called Oops, it'll remove glue, gum, tar, sticker adhesive, and other things. After you get it off, hit the spot with some polish and then some wax to make sure it's protected because this stuff will take every protectant layer off right down to the clearcoat.

Now if it's a lacquer paint. you need to be careful because you might re-activate the paint and take it off with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.