Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TSB 11-3-19 - MT82 Manual 6-Speed Transmission Cold Shift Effort

I know this TSB has been identified and discussed extensively in the http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-mustang-talk/268693-official-2011-mustang-manual-transmission-rough-shifting-thread.html thread. But for those of you who have not yet to seen it, here is a PDF of the complete 11-3-19 TSB released by Ford on 3/14/2011 that I received from my Ford Service Department this afternoon. I apologize for the quality, as I scanned it in from the paper print out the service dept. gave me.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
With the recent TSB issued for the rough 1-2 shift on the '11, I crawled under the Mustang on Sunday and took out the shifter. Well, from the top too, but you know what I mean. I didn't want ANY issues from the warranty side. Took her up to Parr Ford in Bremerton. Handed over a copy of the TSB. Lady was very friendly, very nice. Said she had heard of the issue and they'd give me a call tomorrow when they were done. Here's hoping there's no synchro damage.
She also said they'd hook up to the data port and see if they could pull any codes. I still haven't uploaded my Bama tunes yet, so I've got zero worries there, regardless.
Had a nice talk with the local Sheriff that was there having his Patrol car serviced. Noticed he was eyeballing the car. I asked if there were any APB's issued for a white Mustang with red stripes....
If any one cares, I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Where is that TSB issued? I haven't heard anything on it so it's news to me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes, please post the link to the TSB....I've got the issue and want to get it fixed at my first oil change in a few weeks.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yea, this is the first I've heard of a new TSB on this.

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
the post at the top of this thread i copied over from another thread, i believe thats the TSB everyone is asking for

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
What kind of codes could they get from a manual tranny?
I asked! She said that there are issues that could generate a code and even a CEL. She didn't specify what exactly. I'll know more tonight.
I'm beginning to wonder if hitting the redline would be logged in there too....

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Done. Fluid changed, seems to have a lot less friction in that 1-2 shift. No issues with the Dealership whatsoever. No codes (!) no problems.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello all,

I want to remind you guys that this issues may not all be the same. Please bring your vehicles in and have your Ford dealership diagnose them. There are a few TSBs out regarding the transmission and the clutch to correct some of these issues. If you need any further assistance after your appointment, do not hesitate to message me with your dealer, mileage, VIN, and contact info.

Deysha

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Hello all,

I want to remind you guys that this issues may not all be the same. Please bring your vehicles in and have your Ford dealership diagnose them. There are a few TSBs out regarding the transmission and the clutch to correct some of these issues. If you need any further assistance after your appointment, do not hesitate to message me with your dealer, mileage, VIN, and contact info.

Deysha
How would one look on the internet to see if any TSB's have been issued on their car by VIN number?

·
Registered
570 Posts
It's nice to know they come with full synthetic. I won't bother changing it now.

What's in the rear?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How would one look on the internet to see if any TSB's have been issued on their car by VIN number?
Your best bet is your dealer, not the internet. Your vehicle has to be fully diagnosed first, then with your VIN they can tell what applies to your vehicle and do any repairs.

Deysha

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks for posting this TSB. Had my first oil change yesterday and had the tech's perform this TSB to fix my rough shifting. Took her out this morning and noticed a huge difference. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Thanks for posting this TSB. Had my first oil change yesterday and had the tech's perform this TSB to fix my rough shifting. Took her out this morning and noticed a huge difference. :bigthumbsup
I have the cold stiff 1 to 2 shift as well. Does this really cure the grinding and general notchyness after warm-up? This is the most bothersome to me. I have to shift slow for it to go in smooth cold and warmed up.
When I looked up the TSB it says it's for cold shifting effort and nothing about
grinding and a general notchyness after warm-up?

http://cdn.mustangevolution.com/forum/images/uploads/2011/03/tsb-11-03-18.pdf

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mine behaved exactly like the TSB described. Rough/Notchy shifting between 1-2-3 on cold start. After it warmed up, shifting was smooth.

If you are having this issue even after warmup, could be something else. This TSB would probably be a good place to start though. Couldn't hurt.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Quick question. I had my barton shoftshiter installed by a ford in a hope that warranty wont be voided this way? Should I remove it anyways before going in for TSB ?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts