Ford Mustang Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Quick question. I had my barton shoftshiter installed by a ford in a hope that warranty wont be voided this way? Should I remove it anyways before going in for TSB ?
I would think no. I don't see how they could deny warranty coverage over a short shifter. I mean what problem could the short shifter cause?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Called my service advisor (Childhood friend) hes changing mine no questions asked. Cant wait even though i have a rare animal here in the winter time it was notchy but i didnt have to put a bunch of extra force like some folks on here, but its piece of mind if you ask me :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
159 Posts
????

Hello all,

I want to remind you guys that this issues may not all be the same. Please bring your vehicles in and have your Ford dealership diagnose them. There are a few TSBs out regarding the transmission and the clutch to correct some of these issues. If you need any further assistance after your appointment, do not hesitate to message me with your dealer, mileage, VIN, and contact info.

Deysha
Is it just me or does it seem like a bad idea to message Ford your VIN on an account where you have your modifications posted about your car...

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Who do you trust?

Is it just me or does it seem like a bad idea to message Ford your VIN on an account where you have your modifications posted about your car...
Pessimistic, paranoid.

On one hand, we trust Ford enough to spent 30-50K on new car. On the other hand, there is some fear Ford is secretly compiling databases of modifications, linking them to the VIN ... so they can deny people warranty claims? Possible but not probable due to the cost and the dynamic nature of what customers do to their products. Doing such a sneaky thing would really violate the trust with customers. Since relationships are built on trust, you really think this is what they are up to? Is it all part of the corporate greed? Perhaps.

I choose to think Ford is not running secret ops to screw their customers from rightful warranty claims. I think a lot of power is given to the dealerships to make a call and as we've seen here, some dealers may not have the best reputation or experience and really need some input from Ford. Most businesses do not stick around very long making their customers angry and violating their trust.

If you have good relationship with your dealer (maybe even get your car serviced there) there is a good chance they will work with you and help you. If you are someone that only shows up with problems and whines about everything and can't seem to get no satisfaction, there is a good chance they don't want to hear you.

I think Deysha has helped out quite a few people on this forum because there are dealers out there that might not know things. Having the VIN helps Ford track trending issues. Having their ear to the forum world shows Ford cares about the enthusiasts community. In my mind, that is pretty good stuff.

Choose what you like. Hide your VIN - Keep your mod list top secret and off the world wide web.

Sorry for the rant but ... you started it. :nogrinner

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I agree, SpeedKing-713. However your sentiments are hard for some people to swallow as they seem to have been programmed to hate the establishment whether they be corporate, government, law enforcement, etc.

I can add this; I have never voided a warranty simply due to an aftermarket part. And even if an aftermarket part caused a failure, it only voids the coverage for that repair.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Pessimistic, paranoid.

On one hand, we trust Ford enough to spent 30-50K on new car. On the other hand, there is some fear Ford is secretly compiling databases of modifications, linking them to the VIN ... so they can deny people warranty claims? Possible but not probable due to the cost and the dynamic nature of what customers do to their products. Doing such a sneaky thing would really violate the trust with customers. Since relationships are built on trust, you really think this is what they are up to? Is it all part of the corporate greed? Perhaps.

I choose to think Ford is not running secret ops to screw their customers from rightful warranty claims. I think a lot of power is given to the dealerships to make a call and as we've seen here, some dealers may not have the best reputation or experience and really need some input from Ford. Most businesses do not stick around very long making their customers angry and violating their trust.

If you have good relationship with your dealer (maybe even get your car serviced there) there is a good chance they will work with you and help you. If you are someone that only shows up with problems and whines about everything and can't seem to get no satisfaction, there is a good chance they don't want to hear you.

I think Deysha has helped out quite a few people on this forum because there are dealers out there that might not know things. Having the VIN helps Ford track trending issues. Having their ear to the forum world shows Ford cares about the enthusiasts community. In my mind, that is pretty good stuff.

Choose what you like. Hide your VIN - Keep your mod list top secret and off the world wide web.

I agree, SpeedKing-713. However your sentiments are hard for some people to swallow as they seem to have been programmed to hate the establishment whether they be corporate, government, law enforcement, etc.

I can add this; I have never voided a warranty simply due to an aftermarket part. And even if an aftermarket part caused a failure, it only voids the coverage for that repair.
Thank you SpeedKing and Grimace427!!
farmerbob1111, I'm only here to help you guys.:)

Deysha

·
Registered
169 Posts

Ask 19Kobra99 if he thinks they look at online forums for mods...Or ask the Ford employee that used his forum posts to void his repair. ;)

·
Registered
644 Posts
i didn't get any help on my V6 with ford service and local dealer. Heck they wouldn't even drive it. Just take it to a good dealer. Not sure why I even went back to Ford besides the 5.0 is so sweet. ANd yeah the local dealer lied over and over. Said there was no TSB until i took them a copy.

·
Registered
136 Posts
It's not just '11s! My '12 has been doing it since day one(grinding 2nd), and even grinds 3rd sometimes. I figured I'd give it a thousand miles to see if it got better, and of course it didn't. So made an appointment for today, which was of course a waste of time, as the idiotic dealer didn't even look at the car today. Obviously they don't know what an appointment means, or how to deal with 'em. I have a Barton shift bracket on there, as getting the thing to shift on a boil was almost impossible. Let 'em try to blame the shift bracket for the POS trans. I dare them!
I've hauled the MM Warranty Act into court before, and I'll do it again.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Ask 19Kobra99 if he thinks they look at online forums for mods...Or ask the Ford employee that used his forum posts to void his repair. ;)
I'm a tech for Mercedes and I've gone to forums looking for answers to problems that are rare or old. It would be a huge waste of my time trying to look for an individual based on pictures and general locations in a feeble attempt to find mods to void their warranty. Do you guys think we would rather just dump a car without trying to fix it a get paid? You do realize techs get paid by the job and not by the hour, right? Also, Ford corporate does not operate dealerships nor their service departments.

"They" can do whatever they want. I value my time as a way to fix cars and earn a living. If I get a car with an aftermarket exhaust and the customer complains of a rattle noise, I'm not going to tell them to take a hike. I will tell them it will cost 1 hour labor to diagnose, and if it is not related to the exhaust I will cover it under warranty.

If you want to go around making dealerships look evil that is your prerogative. Just know you are shooting yourself in the foot if you ever needed repairs.

And by "you" I mean everyone who hates dealerships, not just justice4all or anyone specific.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I was just pointing out that it does happen. I do not think Ford(or it's employees) are villians, on the contrary I defend them quite often. :bigthumbsup

EDIT: In the engine failure thread he posted a picture of the work order showing that the technician tracked him online for evidence of mods..LOL

·
Registered
159 Posts
Pessimistic, paranoid.

Im sure you have already seen this but i just wanted to bring it up again. :worship

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-v6-mustang-tech/302358-ford-tsb-legal-battles-customers-lost.html

·
Registered
348 Posts
And by "you" I mean everyone who hates dealerships, not just justice4all or anyone specific.
I hate to break this to you, as you work for a dealership and friends and family don't tell you this, but... Most of the people on forums call them stealerships for a reason. There are rarely good experiences, as the salespeople generally know less about the cars than the customer, and high-pressure tactics are attempted to get you into a car - any car. It's about the $$, and not the customer.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts