Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ouch. Real newbie question right here.

Trying to remove (or detach) my battery. Purpose is to reset my cars adaptive learning to, once again, reload my 87 Brenspeed tune.

Over 4 weeks my tune has lost its edge. By reseting the battery I hope to change things temporarily.

Thank you all for helping!

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Do you have a question about removing the battery? :scratchchin
Negative side first.

·
Registered
25 Posts
just reloading the tune will so the same thing and probly easier. try contacting them to get the adaptive learning tured off. doesnt cause any problems from what i understand.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to them. My cars adaptive learning is turned off on all 3 tunes. I've reflashed quiete often. Car doesn't run (after a month)like the day I first installed the tunes.

I tried detaching all wires to the battery. Some I could not remove. I was successful at detaching the + cord to the battery. I was unable (or could not figure out) how to detach all coards attached to the battery.

I have read that detaching the battery for 20-30 resets everything. Re-load the tune. Should be like the first time.

Thank you all again, and again.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Just removing the neg side would do it.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Removing my battery was a nightmare. Ford got a little too excited being clever with the positive terminal, IMHO. I wonder if it was the same guy who did New Coke. Was the old way so bad? There was no removing the little wedge. It stayed locked in place and the clamp could not be removed/loosened/budged in any way.

To make your car a little snappier, try loading the stock tune again [what tuner are you using?] then reloading the new one.

If you want an actual difference, spend the extra $0.20 a gallon, for 91 octane and load the 91 tune.

I would never use any "adaptive" tune. Ugh, that's how the stock one worked. If you drive like a gramma, for a few miles, then get one it, the car treats you like you are still a gramma. Is that what you want?

If it's not your tune, which it undoubtedly is not, try cleaning your throttle body. That'll bring back the snappiness.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Exact call on the battery. It will be a nightmare to remove - side. Your description is same as mine.

I have already tried loading stock then re-tuning with 87 on SCT-X3. I contacted Brenspeed Brian via email. Informed me my cars adaptive learning has been turned off in all 3 tunes.

Throttle response, low end torque, not the same as first flash. I will try everything before contacting Brenspeed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.