Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im Sure This Has Been Asked But I Cant Seem To Find The Post Im Looking For. I Have A 91 Gt That I Want To Completely Remove The Ac System From. Compressor,lines... Any Advice Or Direction Would Be Greatly Appreciated

·
Registered
53 Posts
irishmjm said:
Im Sure This Has Been Asked But I Cant Seem To Find The Post Im Looking For. I Have A 91 Gt That I Want To Completely Remove The Ac System From. Compressor,lines... Any Advice Or Direction Would Be Greatly Appreciated
I have seen the kit for less than $100 around the net. You have to move the power steering pump to where the A/C pump is which will also require a new serpentine belt. It's fairily easy if you are somewhat knowledgeable about engine work, but would recommend having it done by the pro's. Good luck!!

·
Registered
897 Posts
your going to need a 76inch belt if you still have the pollution pump,if not 73 inch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
To make it easy on your self buy a pulley eliminator use the stock belt over and be done with it. If you are wanting to remove the entire system you will have to remove the radiator and pull out you condensor coil. which is in front of the radiator. Also the reciever dryer and lines to compressor. I would not suggest trying to remove your evap. core which is the two lines coming from the firewall. You have to remove the whole dash to do so. Also I have seen many times people remove the system and then regret it. So make sure you kepp all of your parts and remove it correctly A/C parts can be costly when bought new. Make sure you tape off the evap. lines as well. That way if you do want it back in the car you can use the same evap. core over. Good Luck.

·
Registered
78 Posts
ive been wanting to do this too, i went to autozone an they guy said all i need is a shorter belt. so i ordered the right one of them, so do i still need the AC delete pulley or whatever? im about to take everything off today. and i dont mind loosing the AC, i baught the car with the AC lines cut that go from i think its my radiator or something. and i have a convertible so it aint that bad.

·
Registered
304 Posts
if you remove the compressor and keep the power steering pump in the same location and try to run a belt around it then the tensioner will cause the belt to rub on itself because the ps pump is too low. i believe it rubs between the tensioner and water pump.

the ford racing kit moves the ps pump. there are other style kits that move the tensioner so it facing upwards where the compressor used to be. both are easy to install but i much prefer moving the pump up, looks way cleaner, the other one i described looks kind of cheesy having a shiny triangle bracket then an upside down tensioner.

·
Registered
369 Posts
so i can't just remove my ac compressor and get a shorter belt???? i didn't want to get the eliminator bracket cause i liked the idea of the engine being that much more accesible and visible. Any ideas what other options i have to keep it open??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts