Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been threads on about removing the shifter handle on the manual trans. Has anyone taken the automatic trans shift handle off so the console can be disassembled ? I want to replace the radio screen.But don't know how to get the handle off.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I took a quick look at the service manual that is linked in the "stickies" and it looks like there are two screws at the bottom of the shift handle(from sides) that can be accessed by moving a trim piece down the shifter stalk. After they are removed the shifter "T" slides up and off. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Use the sticky "online browsable service manual". Workshop manual, Powertrain, Group 07 Auto, Section 307-05, Removal and install.pdf Apparently the bezel on console pops up with gentle prying, that should help you see what's going on.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK guys thanks for the info. I went on the manual site and it looks like you dont have to remove the shifter to get the radiop cover panel off. Said to pry the shifter bezel off, lift the console cover and slide it back, remove the 2 retaining screws on the radio cover and pry it off. When I get the nerve, Ill try it. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
There have been threads on about removing the shifter handle on the manual trans. Has anyone taken the automatic trans shift handle off so the console can be disassembled ? I want to replace the radio screen.But don't know how to get the handle off.
Heck you had me all excited for a minute, I thought you had found some cool new handle to install. :winks

·
Registered
645 Posts
I too would love to have some sort of high speed low drag new shift handle for my auto..... When is someone going to produce one?????

·
Registered
300 Posts
Heck you had me all excited for a minute, I thought you had found some cool new handle to install. :winks
Me too... Darnit :dito::mesad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts