Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading somewhere where the diablosport tune removed the governor and theb guy hit like 125-130 with his 2007 v6..and im pondering getting the throught of getting the sct tuner and cai or the diablosport. will the sct tuner do the same as the diablo will??

·
Registered
413 Posts
I was reading somewhere where the diablosport tune removed the governor and theb guy hit like 125-130 with his 2007 v6..and im pondering getting the throught of getting the sct tuner and cai or the diablosport. will the sct tuner do the same as the diablo will??
I don't have one yet, but yeah with the sct you should be able to change the max speed.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I got my tuner from AM/BAMA and on the special instructions, I listed for them to remove the speed limiter. The tunes are great and not having the speed limiter on it is even better. Just watch the speed rating of your tires.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
yes the sct will do the same.

however whats the point? you will never get your car over 115 in the quarter mile, and going 130 on public roads is one of the more stupid things you could ever do in your life

·
Registered
126 Posts
If you need to go on an internet forum to ask how to remove the governor, I can guarantee you have no business removing the governor. A car acts very differently at 130 than it does at 80. Go master the 1/4 mile instead.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you need to go on an internet forum to ask how to remove the governor, I can guarantee you have no business removing the governor. A car acts very differently at 130 than it does at 80. Go master the 1/4 mile instead.
i agree... your never going to hit those kinds of speeds on normal roads unless your an idiot with a death wish. if you really want to go for it but its not useful unless your going to be racing on some kind of track that has the room for those kinds of speeds in a closed and safe environment.... I'm not trying to be a downer and you are free to do what ever you want I'm just trying to help :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
406 Posts
yes the sct will do the same.

however whats the point? you will never get your car over 115 in the quarter mile, and going 130 on public roads is one of the more stupid things you could ever do in your life
But when I'm running from the cops I need every advantage possible!

Seriously though, what everyone is saying is correct. I know that my tuner can turn off the limiter, but I wouod never know it was there to begin with unless I was at a closed course runway where I could safely get some speed on.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i got a 10 mile stretch of highway thats never used anymore. I test my car on there daily.

·
Registered
653 Posts
mine maxes out at 114-115. But without the proper balancing of EVERYTHING there's no point in ever ever going over that. Yea, I turned mine off. Raced a nissan 300zx and got to 120 and things started getting shaky. It's not fun. Rack and pinion at those speeds will throw you off the road with a sneeze. Don't do it. Just because there's a snotty little ricer boy with a Honda doesn't mean you gotta outrun him top speed wise. You wanna do that then save up and get a GT500 or a GT40. Otherwise just make your sixer go from 0-60 in 'ooooh shhhhh!!!' fast time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts