Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took off the stripes to put my chin spoiler on and am wondering what I can use to remove the leftover adhesive. Will alcohol mess up the paint?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Alcohol wont hurt the paint. Bug and tar remover may work to.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I took off the stripes to put my chin spoiler on and am wondering what I can use to remove the leftover adhesive. Will alcohol mess up the paint?
There are a number of "Goo-Off" products to remove that stuff, but if you happen to have some "Spray 'N' Wash" in your armory, it works good, too. Give that enzyme action a chance to work, and it washes off pretty easily.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Rubbing alcohol and some elbow grease gets it done. Or you can also use a cheap hair spray.

·
Registered
106 Posts
When I took the dealer sticker off of my bumper I used a plastic spatula, hot water, bug and tar remover, and elbow grease. Now it looks like it was never there.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
3M

Not cheap, but something to have around for other uses as well. Available at parts stores sometimes, and always from Auto Paint Supply stores:

13 to 16 dollars for a one quart can. Works on tar also. Won't damage paint, glass, or vinyl. May damage headlamp or tailamp lenses...not sure here. Will damage your brain if not used in a well ventilated area.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Also wd-40 works well and safe on paint, goo remover \ orange cleaner

·
Registered
242 Posts
3M adhesive remover is good and so is Naptha. Neither will hurt paint.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
+1 on Naptha that stuff rocks! :bigthumbsup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.