Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey has anybody ever taken off the door mouldings and smoothed the doors and body? What would that look like? I'm thinking about it but not sure if I should, if anybody has photoshop or a program to see what that would look like please let me know.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think it would probably be a lot of work to smooth the front and rear bumper mouldings to match the rest of the car.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I agree with T3NSION about the bumper covers. Covers are solid molds. I don't think it would look that good anyways.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
It can be done to take those words out, here's what my brother did to his. This is the side skirts, he wanted it to say just "STANG" rather than "MUSTANG GT".

Or do you mean the door bumper guards that run the length of the doors?

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
The door and body moldings come off easy with a hari dryer. But getting someone to smooth out the front and rear......$$$$$$$.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah thats what I meant, to remove the moldings on the doors, fenders,etc. I just wonder how that would make the mustang look. If anybody photoshops a mustang to edit it, please let me know. unique idea.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
I've seen that done and it doesn't look right in my opinion. It's like "something is missing" but maybe someone else can help out.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Mine all fell off and I don't know if I'll ever put it back on or not. I don't think it looks bad, but then my paint job is nothing to be proud of either (not to mention some of the tape is still there). The biggest problem would be making it match the bumper.
the attached pic isn't accurate anymore because I've since got a new fender, but you can see where the problem will be.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Moldings

I would say to leave them on the car, I don't think it would look right without them. Why not (if they aren't) just have them painted the same color as your car! On my Stang they are black, but with the dark blue you can't really notice that they are black, but I am planning on having a repaint and I am seriously considering having them painted the same color as the car so they kind of just disappear.

·
Registered
128 Posts
i didnt try. so yea if you want another color just ask.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
I pulled all my moldings off last week and i am currently working on sanding and smothing them out then putting some filler. i found some front and rear bumpers with out stamped molding in them

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
that looks pretty good ^^. the longer i look at it, the better it gets, lol.
The front end of the car kinda looks like the old Monza to me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.