Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought some Cobra style 4 piece smoked headlamps from stangmods and I want to remove the small reflector inside the housing. How would I go about doing that?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Why do you want to remove it? It helps direct the light from the bulb.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Makes my HIDs look blotchy and doesn't 'reflect' very well. I bought 10000k bulbs for a reason, and with the reflectors they aren't reaching their full potential.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
That is correct that HIDs will look like **** in a halogen reflective housing. Halogen and HID headlight assemblies are very different in design. HIDs are not supposed to reflect at all. That shroud you are referring to is keeping the halogen lamp from blinding other drivers by looking right at the lamp. With HIDs being wayyyyyy brighter than halogen..... if you removed that it's pretty much guaranteed you're gonna get in a road rage situation with another driver who is already having a bad day then you come by and blind them. Not to mention tickets from cops.

At minimum, you need to get aftermarket projector headlights. The right way, is to retrofit true HID projectors into the housings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts