Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to remove the "Mustang" stickers tomorrow using a heat gun, and just wondering what everyone used to get the residue glue off. Thanks!

·
Registered
531 Posts
buy a can of 3m adhesive remover. it will take it crap left behind with one swipe. i used a blow dryer to take my side stripes off

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I’ve been debating whether to take the stripes off of mine or not. Did a quick (and dirty) Photoshop job to see how it would look without them. It’s a close call, but I think I’ll leave the ones on mine for now, it looks a little plain without them (maybe I should take them off and put some on that don’t say Mustang).

On a different note, sounds like you’ve used a heat gun before, but if not be careful, they get really hot (much hotter than a blow dryer). Be sure to use the low setting and keep it in motion to minimize the chance of scorching paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
531 Posts
I’ve been debating whether to take the stripes off of mine or not. Did a quick (and dirty) Photoshop job to see how it would look without them. It’s a close call, but I think I’ll leave the ones on mine for now, it looks a little plain without them (maybe I should take them off and put some on that don’t say Mustang).

On a different note, sounds like you’ve used a heat gun before, but if not be careful, they get really hot (much hotter than a blow dryer). Be sure to use the low setting and keep it in motion to minimize the chance of scorching paint.
i was like you before than last weekend i just did it and the car looks more clean. imo the stripes take away from the body lines of the car.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts

I had wanted to remove the rocker stripes off mine since day one, I took them off finally in January, used a heat gun because it was cold outside, had all off in ten minutes! Be sure to move the gun around and doesn't require much to get them off. Like the other person said to get the residue off use 3M adhesive remover, wash the car and wax!

R

·
0 Posts
I think your car looks better without it the way its setup now. If you added some black mods, it would fit in better, but by itself I'd say no. Tinted turn signals up front, black stripes down the center, a blackout panel in the rear, and a black GT spoiler, and you'd be in business. Those green cars can look really, really sharp with the right parts added on.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, yeah I've used heat guns before, but never had to worry about getting residue off. lol
As stated above, I think your's would look really good with the stickers off. Just add a couple mods, and it'll look sharp.
With mine being torch red, I think they take away from the lines of the car.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
the 3m adheisive is great stuff, just have to be carefull not to get it on any clearish plastic( like headlights, taillights ect cause it will melt the plastic) it will also remove any wax, but wont hurt the paint. on the gunk, just keep turning the rag, and wetting and rubbing, it will come off. we did it to the 06 a little while back. i like it better without that rocker stripe :bigthumbsup ive posted these before, but here they are again. i love posting pics :D

a hair dryer will work just fine

Attachments

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
i forgot, heres what the 3m stuff looks like, old can and new can. i would not advise using the spray can. the qt can cost 10-15.00 but will last you half of your life:)

hey stars, i`m with conejo, i think it looks better without. theres no question its a mustang :winks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
i forgot, heres what the 3m stuff looks like, old can and new can. i would not advise using the spray can. the qt can cost 10-15.00 but will last you half of your life:)

hey stars, i`m with conejo, i think it looks better without. theres no question its a mustang :winks
The Mustang doesn't have Ford plastered on it either, but not needed!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Thanks guys, yeah I've used heat guns before, but never had to worry about getting residue off. lol
As stated above, I think your's would look really good with the stickers off. Just add a couple mods, and it'll look sharp.
With mine being torch red, I think they take away from the lines of the car.
Definately post a few pics when you take it off... I am looking to do the same but am torn as I have now added a back blackout panel on the back and am debating how the car would look...

·
Registered
2,632 Posts

I debated whether or not to take them off of mine when I first got it. After having them on there for a while they have grown on me and I've decided to keep them

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I’m still on the fence with mine, depending on the day I look at the side-by-side pics depends on which one I prefer. Luckily there’s no rush to something like that. Just wish it was a straight stripe instead of saying “Mustang”.

Definately post a few pics when you take it off... I am looking to do the same but am torn as I have now added a back blackout panel on the back and am debating how the car would look...
Guess you could always do with your car like I did with mine, take a photo from the side and Photoshop the stripes out and see what you think. Might help with the decision a little (though it's left me as divided more than ever on the choice).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts