Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are the stock hood scoops & side scoops just bolted or are they double sided taped too?i want to remove them to put in new inserts that i am having custom made.is the bolts for the side scoops under the rear wheel well?

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Both are just bolted on. The side scoops bolt on from inside the car, under the rear side panels, I believe.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
they have 2 or 3 "U" clasps that are bolted and then a 2inch piece of double side auto tape. at least that what mine had.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
actully...

actully it looks like this... but theres are 99/00 side scoops and all V6 to 04. the white paper is where the other U clips were :D

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the pic carl .so the honey comb insert must just be attached with doulble sided tape?that is all that i am removeing is the insert so if i dont have to take the side scoops off thats a plus

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
my scoop inserts were just poped in place. i removed them to spray them with tire shine. i have a couple marks on the side walk in thos shapes:gringreen.
in my after market scoops i bought the 4 V6 scoops inserts for the hood. i then put wet paper in the scoop to get a template. then trace the template on the back V6 hood scoop insert and use double side tape. to cut the shape out i used a band saw. silver sharpy works best for tracing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.