Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The window on my passenger side keeps latching onto something and does not open more than a few inches. How do I remove the interior panels on the door to get to the power window mechanism. I believe its not a technical issue but merely a mechanical one.

Also, what could it mean if my FM signal barely comes in? My AM signal is crystal clear but I could barely hear the FM no matter what station.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
check the connection between your stereo and the atenna, could be the wire came out. The door panel should come off if you pull up and out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great thanks! Where is the wire connection for the antenna-stereo located, do I have to remove the stereo...how do I do that?
Sorry bout the stupid questions, its just that Im used to working on bikes and everything on a bike is held together by bolts so if I need to remove something its as simple as removing a few bolts.

·
0 Posts
Yeah you have to take it out, it's the thick black wire on the back of the stereo headunit on the right side.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried taking out the stereo but to no avail...how the hell do you get that thing out?
!? I unscrewed the two screws right under it and tried to wiggle it out but apparently it doesnt work that way. Then I tried to remove that whole panel which goes around the stereo, cd player, temperature controls, and vents but I dont think it just pops out becouse it seems that it goes behind some of the instruments?
Could anyone give me directions on how to remove the stereo? thanks

·
0 Posts
You need the pin things to remove it if it's stock, if it's aftermarket then whatever removal tool came with the headunit.

·
0 Posts
Indeed they are. I've never had to remove the stock stereo but I've heard if you cut up peices of a wire clothes hanger it'll work to remove it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.