Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to remove the shifter knob and the leather boot?

Does the knob just unscrew counterclockwise? And do you just wedge the boot out? Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,170 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:
Does anyone know how to remove the shifter knob and the leather boot?

Does the knob just unscrew counterclockwise? And do you just wedge the boot out? Thanks.
Geez TwoScoops, you are going to have that entire car in pieces soon :shocked:
But then again, you have one. :scream:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
pop out the boot with your thumb and finger on each side of the boot.turn the knob counterclockwise and everything should turn as one and come off. I replaced my boot and knob and it is not a big deal at all
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
subzero05 said:
pop out the boot with your thumb and finger on each side of the boot.turn the knob counterclockwise and everything should turn as one and come off. I replaced my boot and knob and it is not a big deal at all
Sounds easy, Thanks.

pcfrisch: PRobably. Hopefully I'll be able to get it back together :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
708 Posts
I'm really loving the MGW triple chrome gripper shift ball. I didn't even bother to remove the boot during install. It just twisted up and then started to slip on the shifter grommet as I turned the stock shift ball off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
Vandil said:
I'm really loving the MGW triple chrome gripper shift ball. I didn't even bother to remove the boot during install. It just twisted up and then started to slip on the shifter grommet as I turned the stock shift ball off.
Vandil, do you have a picture? Which insert did you get?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
708 Posts
No pic do the the same reason I'm still sporting the old default GT avatar. (Vandil would rather drink beer and eat ribs than take pictures of his mustang)

I got the chromed GT insert grip ball from MGWLtd. The 1" of neck below the ball is also chromed. Matched the air vent rings perfectly and fits in the hand very nicely. Also came with the new grommet to hold the shift boot up, which alot of other shift knobs neglect.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top