Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems pretty easy from what I have read to remove the door stripes. My car is grey and I was wondering if anybody noticed any difference in the paint finish after they removed the stripes.
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I have'nt removed nor will I the Stripes on My Stang but I have removed Stripes on other Cars. It mostly has to do with how Long they have been on, the Color of your Stang and where you live. It seems as if you live say Down South or where you get Plenty of SUN and the Sun has Faded your Paint then you'll notice where the Stripes were. You probably would'nt notice it as much on say a Silver Colored Mustang vs say a Red or Black one. Also if you drive your Mustang year round in like the Snow and such the Paint is'nt gonna be as nice on the outside of the Stang as it is under the Stripes as it's Protected.
So all you can really do is try it and see, there's to many Variables to say yes you will see where they were or no you wont be able to tell.
Try using a Hair Dryer to remove the Stripes, but dont get too close and move it around, for the Glue try some (Goo Gone)
Good Luck:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
211 Posts
black isnt bad fading wise if the car is newer. I have aan 06 and had to drive my car last winter but im still taking them off. Red, yellow, blue are the colors to be careful with

1 - 4 of 4 Posts