Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I took delivery of my 2011 in November I have had a ton of issues that keep adding up and am always told by the dealer they are unable to duplicate them or it is normal. I have gone to the extent of renting a 2011 mustang base model for a week to see if it was really normal which the rental had NO issues. I spoke with a Ford CSR today probably the 5th time and they gave me 2 options A start the paper work and have ford buy back the car or try to see if another dealer can repair it. I said lets see if these issues can be resolved before we proceed with a buy back.

I am curious if anyone else has these issues.

The driver side engine ticks when cold

The driver side engine will intermediately sequel and the car will idle extremely rough, it does it mostly at idle but I have had it happen at a stop light after 1 hour of driving. Also I always feel a TON of engine vibration on the break pedal.

When I am breaking at about 3-5 MPH the car will lunge forward (feels like I was rear ended but no cars behind me)

Occasionally I will go to accelerate and cant get above 15 MPH I have to turn the car off and back on then it's fine.

The car will surge while driving (feels like there is a load on the transmission giving a pulling sensation)

When I accelerate I hear a thud from the line.

The Air Bag Light Off for the passenger seat will come on even with a 250 lb person sitting there, I have had people try to shift their weight but it still comes on after 5 minutes of driving it goes away.

The peddle pressure to the brakes feel low and I have tapped my brakes ans the ABS activated causing the brakes pulsate at 25 MPH.

Interior trim panel fell off while driving and I the dashboard rattles.

Honestly I would prefer the car to be repaired but if not what exactly is a buy back? I feel like I have a laundry list of issues with this car which has been driving me up a wall. I am taking a day off work again to sit with the service department and go over this.

Before anyone asks what mods I have done the only thing that has been done is flowmaster axleback.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I would try to get it declared a lemon and get a different car. That does not sound right at all,

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If they cant fix it Friday thats what I am going to do. The CSR sounded shocked that I went to the extent of renting another 2011 for a week to see if my issue was normal.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What happens if they declare it a lemon? Do they pay off my loan and refund my extended warranty?

·
Registered
246 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
I am pretty sure 5 times of them not fixing a problem that can cause you to get in an accident (random acceleration / deceleration), + official contact with a Ford CSR, is pretty far on your way to getting the deal done.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I believe the lemon law covers the same problem not being fixed multiple times. Not multiple problems being fixed once (I know your car hasn't been fixed just saying).

I would definitely want a buy back if my car was doing all of that. That's just ridiculous.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
All of those problems you describe, except the rattles, sounds like a ground fault issue. That sort of thing can be very hard to track down.

I'd be very careful of a buy back, may end up with them just paying off your loan and leaving you with nothing for what you have payed into the car.

I'd see about getting a lawyer involved on your side if you go that way.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Lemon Law does work differently in each state, however, generally speaking, Lemon Law will reimburse you for all costs associated with pruchasing the car (price paid, loan paid off, interest paid, extended warranty reimbursed, etc) MINUS a mileage allowance based upon the current odomoeter reading. This amount is generally about $0.15/mile but can be different depending on the state.

Honestly, if Ford is offering a buyback, take it. It is easier than going through the documentation process for the Lemon Law, and the refund you get from the buyback will be almost exactly what you would get if you filed for Lemon Law. Once you get your refund, you can look to get a 2012 Stang if your heart is set on sticking with it. If not, you would be free to get whatever you want.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Wow those are some serious issues. What if the acceleration thing hits when your pulling out onto a busy street. OUCH!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just read the lemon law and about the .15 cent charge per mile, so since I brought my car in 2 weeks later with 600 miles for these problems I should not be charged all that much if they do a buy back and cant fix my issues. If it was not for these issues it would be a great car!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I took the car to the dealer they replaced the belt but could not duplicate the issues. I asked if they wanted me to take them for a drive they declined, I asked if I could stay with the tech they declined. They replaced the belt under a TSB however when the porter brought me the car I heard it squealing still so I ran got the service manager and by the time he got to my car it was very faint and he said he could not hear it. This weekend I have had my air bag light off go on 3 times and all issues still persist.

I just left a message with the CSR to start the buy back paperwork I feel I have been more then patent!!! The dealer said they had 2 techs drive the car and they had no issues yet I wanted to drive with them. I even offered to let them keep the car have the tech drive it home for a few days, what more can I do. I am just frustrated with this especially it being my first new car and first ford. I hope they make things right.

·
Registered
644 Posts
wiring harness? That is a lot of issues.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
IT has to be with the wiring. Lastnight My keyfob would not lock the doors I tried my second key and the same thing then after 10 minutes it worked. Then I got to the market turned the car off and the passanger window rolled down on its own while one hand was on the wheel and the other taking the key out. But it still does not explain the squeeling sound i keep getting from the engine even after a belt replacement.

·
Registered
36 Posts
While not the same situation I wanted to relate my story in hopes it might help...

Back in 98 we bought a brand new Chevy Malibu. When we looked at the car it was dirty and had spots on the roof, hood and deck lid.....The salesman assured us it would all come off when washed.

So we bought the car and they proceeded with the paperwork and they sent the car to be washed. It came back with all the spots.

"Relax" the salesman said...."that will buff out". So We took the car and then made an appt to have the car buffed out with their people on their dime.

After two buffs we were told it is acid rain and that they were going to repaint the hood, deck and roof. I said NO WAY I wanted a brand new car repainted. I didnt pay for a repainted car and I wasnt going to settle for one because that was easier for them. I wanted a new car.

The dealer said that couldnt happen for a number of reasons but the main one being that this car had already been titled to me.

I raised the BS flag and found a lawyer.

That lawyer drew up a letter saying that we were prepared to go to court unless the car was replaced toot suite.

I sent that letter and my letter to the manager and the owner of the dealership, and also a registered letter to the CEO of GM.

People laughed at that and said it wouldnt make a difference.

We got a phone call from the dealership two days after the letters were recieved telling us to come down and pickup our new car. Seems that the folks at the main office of GM found what the dealer was doing and how we were persuaded to buy the car as-is with the promise of it bveing fine to be a real issue.

So if you truly believe the car is a lemon, stand up for yourself and dont be afraid to make noise to stand for what is right.

Most of the CSRs and dealership folks are all of the same cloth....they will help only to the point where it is not painful for them and no more than what they think they can get away with when dealing with you. Once they have your money, you are no longer a priority.

The out-of-state dealer we bought ours from is the same way ......they went out of their way to get us into the car. But then when we had questions (such as why the heck there is no spare tire) we were dealt with like they couldnt give a rats behind.

SOrry to go on long....but I have dealt with too many dealers over too many cars over the years. The style of tie that the salesmen wear may change but the tactics are the same so far.

Your car doesnt sound right and the dealership is CLEARLY doing nothing to improve the situation.

My suggestion is try another dealership first.

That will take time and effort on your part but it will show that this goes beyond an "anal retentive obsessive customer" which I swear CSRs are trained to think of all customers.

If they too fail, then you have a lemon.

It happens.

But Ford should step up and make this right.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have taken it to 3 dealerships, they say they cant fix what they cant reproduce even though i have it on video

·
Registered
53 Posts
Fast RS,

Can you post which dealerships you've been dealing with, just so those in the area can get an idea what to expect if we have similar issues? I'm guessing Vista and/or Galpin based on your profile location.

I also recommend getting a lawyer to assist you even if Ford agrees to buy back the car. They are legal experts and this is turning into a legal issue away from a mechanical one.

Hope it works out for the best.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just out of couriousity how is it turning into a legal issue?

The dealerships I went to are the following:

Galpin Ford - North Hills
Kemp Ford - Thousand Oaks
Simi Valley Ford - Simi Valley

·
Registered
11 Posts
Fast RS -

Sorry to hear you are having such a hassle with your new car - generally I have found that Ford stands by their product without fail. Since you're in California, there are very specific consumer protection laws that work in your favor...find a lawyer that specializes in Lemon Law and talk to them. (PM me and I'll refer you to mine, if you like.)

I just went through this nightmare with BMW this year and they ended up buying back their car. After the settlement, I came back into the Mustang family - and boy, I'm glad I did!

Before you find a Lemon Law attorney, though, I'd recommend talking with Deysha here on the Forums. I'm sure she'll help you in any way she can!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Fast RS -

Sorry to hear you are having such a hassle with your new car - generally I have found that Ford stands by their product without fail. Since you're in California, there are very specific consumer protection laws that work in your favor...find a lawyer that specializes in Lemon Law and talk to them. (PM me and I'll refer you to mine, if you like.)

Before you find a Lemon Law attorney, though, I'd recommend talking with Deysha here on the Forums. I'm sure she'll help you in any way she can!
Can you PM me your atorneys info? How much did it cost? I Obviousely dont have much money to spend on an attorney but the car needs to be returned. I have resorted to driving my other car because I do no feel safe.

I have talked to Deysha many times though PM and have been working with the same FORD CSR since December. However I guess he was in a car accdent and I spoke with his fill in on monday who was short and rude to me saying what do I want done? I WANT MY CAR FIXED but since you cant fix it and the other CSR Mentioned a buy back I want a buy back, then she said she will fill out the forms to replace the car, No I do not want the car replaced I want my money back soI can purchase another vehicle other then a Mustang. This car was my first Ford product and last Ford product.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts