Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've already searched this site for an answer to the problem, but havent found anything that exactly matches what's going on. sometimes my blinkers work. most of the time, they do not. i have replaced the canister flasher behind the fuse box twice, so that cannot be the problem... does anyone know where there is another blinker relay? my mustang is an 88 5.0 lx H/O. any help i can get would be greatly appreciated!!
ps... can anyone tell me an easier way to make a new post on the forums? i had a hard time finding a place to make a post, and i'm not even sure i'm in the right category! lol

·
Registered
13,191 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
don't know if this will help, but did you check the wiring elsewhere in the car. in my old 1990 f-150 i was having the same problem and it ended up being a loose wire hitting off of the frame near my rear tail light. i also had a short in the back of the fuse box on another occasion that wouldn't allow any of my lights to work. did you check the circuit at the switch on the steering column itself?

·
Registered
622 Posts
there are two blinker fuses one is for the four ways. thats the one in the back of the fuse box. there should be another one in the front or near the fuse box under the dash

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Hiya, welcome to the site. Go to the 5.0 areas, you'll get answers in there and you should be able to post a thread.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for moving my post. i spent the better part of an hour looking for the correct place to make that post and had no luck. i'll get the hang of it in time tho, i promise! thanks again

·
Registered
298 Posts
i'm having the same problem with my turn signals, they worked for a while intermittantly, then stopped all together, even with new flashers, so i think that i'm at the point of having to replace the multifunction switch... from what i've read, those tend to go bad after a decade or two

·
Registered
134 Posts
It could be the mutifunction switch. As Hogdriverwannbe said, they do tend to go bad after years of use. The good news is, they are not that hard to change. Just pull the steering column cover and it's right there in the open.

Greg B

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.