Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My current OEM drive shaft has some vibrational issues and rather than wasting the money to get it fixed and rebalanced I'm just going to invent in a new one piece aluminum shaft.

I have found two driveshafts: The one offered by Shaft-masters:
Ford Mustang Aluminum Driveshaft 4" V6 Manual Ultra Lightweight

and one offered by Coast Driveline:
2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 Mustang Driveshaft at V6MustangStuff.com

I'm just looking for some feed back and oppinions from anyone who has used either of these products and which one is the better shaft.
Also if anyone knows of a better driveshaft for the V6 that would help too! Thanks for any input guys I just wanna get this shaft fixed so I can get these 3.73s in! :D

·
Registered
594 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Also ditch that hurst shifter it is junk here is the best shifter out there at this time Mustang Shift Handle also you could try the steeda tri-ax shifter that is what I use check on these forums and you will see that the mgw is THE shifter to buy not the hurst.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I'm running a 4" diameter Shaftmaster. Works great, no vibration, no clearance problems on a lowered car.

The really primo driveshaft is supposed to be the Dynotech. Pricey, but perfectly balanced, and special dampening stuff inside. Those are the ones that the Shelby factory uses in their cars.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
i think shaftmasters came out with a 3.5" shaft last year, but it might cost a little more :) i`m waiting for mine to crap out and i`ll go shaftmasters :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
77 Posts
Aluminum Driveshaft

I am currently running the Shaftmasters 3.5" driveshaft on my '06 Pony. It looks good and runs perfectly. Price is $500.00 I think incl shipping....
:bigthumbsup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.