Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new set of headlights (Minor fender bender = Insurance Check for new headlight and front bumper cover). I do like the single, larger Halo lights, but also like some of the other available lights (the ones with LED's and two smaller projection-looking lights). My question is this: I have an HID setup with the factory replacement bulbs that I already use, do any of the aftermarket headlights (other than the one that looks just like the factory OEM lights, but with a halo), accept the stock bulbs, or will I have to get rid of my HID's to install any of the more "aggressive" looking lights????

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'm not sure what u have now: factory HID or aftermarket???? If u have aftermarket HID in non-HID housing, get rid of it. It is not only illegal because of lite scatter but very dangerous. I'm a truck driver and I would hate to tell you how many times I have almost taken out a car due to the aftermarket HID's blinding me with a 80,000 lb. load. Believe me, they would be looking for DNA to find out who you are if I hit you.
That being said, the smoked, (not blackout), lights look awesome but you need to use better bulbs to compensate for the diminished lighting. Halos,projectors,etc... all look like crap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts