Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced their AOD cooling lines with the engine and tranny still in the car?

I want to replace mine to have them all nice and shiny but wondering if I will be able to snake them in with everything installed.

Total oversight on my part not to do this when everything was out of car.....

·
Registered
703 Posts
No I have not. They run under the oil pan you can get new factory lines at summit for 100. I would just upgrade and get some braided lines and use them instead. While your at it add a frame rail external trany cooler mounted on your lower radiator support. The #1 killer for the aod is heat. The additional cooler will help.
I already bought a jegs frame rail external cooler I am going to get the braided lines and install them on my car in a few weeks.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
703 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Has anyone replaced their AOD cooling lines with the engine and tranny still in the car?

I want to replace mine to have them all nice and shiny but wondering if I will be able to snake them in with everything installed.

Total oversight on my part not to do this when everything was out of car.....
I haven't put them in but i am in the process of doing a t-5 swap and I did remove them without ruining them but it wasn't easy. You really have to do some maneuvering, but it can be done. I would suggest jacking up the motor a couple of inches to help gain clearance. If you do, don't forget to check clearance between the fan and shroud, you might just unbolt the fan so you can jack it up without an issue.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't put them in but i am in the process of doing a t-5 swap and I did remove them without ruining them but it wasn't easy. You really have to do some maneuvering, but it can be done. I would suggest jacking up the motor a couple of inches to help gain clearance. If you do, don't forget to check clearance between the fan and shroud, you might just unbolt the fan so you can jack it up without an issue.
Did you snake out without lifting motor? I don't want to frig up my new painted engine bay!

Seems having car on lift will make life easy and just go in same way they snake out. Worse case is cut line, flare ends and make connector. Braided lines won't look good with my set up and I can polish the lines before installing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts