Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How difficult is the job of replacing the valve cover gasket on the drivers side of a 99 cobra? Is there anything other than the valve cover that will need to be removed?

Thanks!;)

Rich

·
Registered
10 Posts
If the cruise control does work and you want to keep it you will have to move some of it out of your way. To do both sides maybe 2.5hrs if your good.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, we tried to just "loosen" the brake booster system with no luck. In order to remove the driver side valve cover, you will need to remove the entire brake booster system, which include remove all of the attachments inside the car, the brake lines, etc. It took about three hours, and I still have to bleed the brakes.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
+1, even on my car i would have to remove it to get the valve cover off. Some have loosen the booster and then dropped their motor a inch or 2. Either way is a pain.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm finally to the point of seeing that the only way to remove the cover is to loosen or remove the brake booster.I was doing motor mounts, so after taking the old one out, I lowered the engine, thinking it would give me enough clearance...big LOL.of course, now I know better. I did get close, but, no cigar...beer break!

Bruce

Cobra to Cobra ('99 to '01) R title. Looks like Cobra R externally.

·
Registered
96 Posts
OK...take out brake booster, and you will have "0" clearance problems. There is a bit of extra work. I had to take my drivers seat out, and disconnect brake lines. Now I know...piece of cake, wrenching is my hobby.

Bruce

1 - 7 of 7 Posts