Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello out there.i noticed when i removed the old fenders on my 66 coupe that there looked like a curvy seal or strip to stop rattling or something. i dont know what this is and do i need to replace it before i install new fenders. any help would be great. thanks

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
where exactly is this located? Is it a piece of curved metal with rubber strips on the edges? That would be the splash shield to...contain splashes inside the fender. It doesn't need replaced. You can replace the rubber if you'd like unless yours is still in good condition.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
The sealer used between the fender and the apron (engine bay sides) can be replaced with Rope Caulk. You get it at the local hardware store in the window seal isle. It is a somewhat sticky substance that comes in a roll. You just unroll it with you fingers and put it in place, bolt the fender on and scrap the excess off. It never hardens. I beleive it is used there (and around the gas tank) to keep water from seaping through.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks. i've already replaced the splash shields and rubber. will try to get some pics loaded

1 - 6 of 6 Posts