Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 93 LX and I've come to find out that the parking brake is done and thus the car will not pass a safety inspection. I talked to the seller and he stated that this is going to be a real pain to fix - it will entail more than simply running a new cable. :sosad:

Has anyone ever totally replaced this assembly? What will this put me back (time/effort/cash)?

Suggestions?

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
have you seen that the cable is physically done? first thing i would do is take the drums off and see if the parking brake equalizer bar is in there, and has a spring on the end with tension. if you do not know what you are looking for the bar is ontop of the axle inbetween the front and rear shoe (looks like it is holding them apart) and has a spring on one of the sides i believe it is the left side on the driverside and the right on passenger side. hopefully thats it.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
When I did my Cobra brake conversion, I had the handle out to modify and I ran new cables, it wasnt to big of a deal at all. It takes a little time to get the center console apart to have access to remove the parking brake assembly and a trick for removing the cables from the body is to use a small hose clamp over the fingers and they will slip right out. Good luck with your project.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.