Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Went out to the parking lot at work last night, and some idiot broke off my passenger side mirror. I found a replacement part on the web...but I need a little help. Anyone have a shop manual that shows and exploded diagram of the parts of the mirror? I need to know how to remove the plastic cover inside the window that covers access to the mirror attachment bolts on the outside. Anyone have any ideas...or a PDF? Nice. First little 'dent' in the car. My 06 GT has maybe 1200 miles on it. I guess I should be happy that the idiot didn't scratch up my paint, only the mirror...which is cheap to replace. Thanks.

Tilt

·
Registered
352 Posts
where did you get mirror at

sorry to hear with the a hole did ..

just want to know where you pick up the mirror at..

and when i get home to day i think i have a pdf of the door ..

but from with i remerber you just pop off the panal just inside the car
where the mirror is and there are 3 bolt ..and wire ...very easy.. to do

just a flat head screw driver and 10 mm bolts.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a new mirror from....

DrAutoParts, Inc.
18552 Macarthur Blvd. Ste. 425
Irvine, CA 92612
949-679-3810
www.doctorautoparts.com

It was about 70 bucks including shipping. I called, as the best price on the ford part was 150 bucks. The part they have is the same manufacturer that supplies to ford...but the parts are not marked ford. They said I could return it upon inspection if it doesn't meet my expectations (part color/texture match to ford orginal, fir, etc.). Basically, they said it was just like the OEM part, just not stamped ford.

If you have a PDF of the door, that would great. I looked at the inside panel and how the mirror mounts this morning. Looks really simple. I just didn't know if there was a trick to removing the interior window panel. I'd hate to scratch it. Thanks again.

Tilt

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again for the PDFs. The new mirror will be here tomorrow. I'm sure these PDFs will help with the install.

Tilt

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Tilt said:
Hi all,

Went out to the parking lot at work last night, and some idiot broke off my passenger side mirror. I found a replacement part on the web...but I need a little help. Anyone have a shop manual that shows and exploded diagram of the parts of the mirror? I need to know how to remove the plastic cover inside the window that covers access to the mirror attachment bolts on the outside. Anyone have any ideas...or a PDF? Nice. First little 'dent' in the car. My 06 GT has maybe 1200 miles on it. I guess I should be happy that the idiot didn't scratch up my paint, only the mirror...which is cheap to replace. Thanks.

Tilt
:sterb: May that scumbag develop cancer of the genitals. Do you think that POS felt real macho after doing that deed. "I showed that mirror how bad I'am" Man that makes me mad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts