Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Replacing passenger side door and quarter panel

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Gen Oasis 
#1 ·
I was recently in a 'little' accident with a concrete post. The car is a black 2007 V6, base model.
Long story short, my car will need a new right rear quarter panel, and almost certainly a new passenger door panel. There is extensive bent metal and scraping from the start of the door handle until the end of the wheel well, so I doubt any repair shop could fix the existing parts.
I expect that insurance will cover most of the cost, but my rates will skyrocket.

Any suggestions on the type of place to go for repairs? I could try some local dealerships. Also, there is a specialty paint and bodywork shop in the city with a good reputation, and a friend of mine had an excellent repair done to her almost-totaled Celica (I think it was done by that body shop, but it may be a different one).

Thanks guys. It's been a rough day, but the forums make it better.

#3 · (Edited)
A little bit ago, I rear ended someone. I ended up needing to replace my hood, bumper, and side front fender, and my door panel, among other small things under my hood. I got 5500 for what would have been the bill to a shop. I spent 2300 on all the parts and paint and put them on myself. I spent the extra money on a supercharger! I was surprised with how easy the side fender and door panel was to replace. Take off a couple pieces, unbolt some things, and pull the side body pieces off and replace. I cant imagine it being too much harder to get the rear panel. Look into DIY write ups online for this stuff, you might be able to do some of the work yourself. It'l be fun, and youll save a toonnnnnn of money. But if you do go with a shop for everything, just google "mustang mechanic cincinatti? forums" and you should get what you need, look for a shop that has lots of people vouching for it. Thats what I did before taking my car too a very popular garage

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.