Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this 65 Mustang, its in pretty good shape, I the front metal off, some of it is good and the some parts not so good, but I think I am going to replace the fenders, but I dont really have any good idea of what to buy, are the repro's any good, if so any particular maker or seller that I should turn to, I want NOS but they cost way tooooo much. Any help you can toss my way of what to look for, what I will get with a repro set, in short, help me out here, I am in Newbie land and you folks probably have all the answers.

Thanks

Mike:headscratch:

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hello.:) Personally, I always try to find some good used originals first. The fit just seems to be better. Other than that, you pretty much get what you pay for, starting at around 150 bucks for junk up to around 350 or 400 for some pretty good ones.:)

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I have heard about fit problems with the repros. Not sure though. I always ues original parts.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My paint & Body guy URGES people to get original body parts. He'd rather repair original than replace (if at all possible) with after market fenders. You can save money with after market, but may not be happy with the fit and look.

·
Registered
86 Posts
if you are going to replace them mustangs unlimited and maybe some others have ft fenders that are made with original fors tooling and the are a great fit

G

·
It kind of also depends on what the ultimate goal of the car will be. If you're looking for a nice daily driver that doesn't necessarily need to be concours then there are some good repro parts that will work. Don't, though, be fooled by extremely cheap parts as you will most likely make that money back up when you have higher costs in the body shop with fitment problems.

Unfortunately my front fenders are too far gone to save so I'll be in this boat next month when our 66 goes to the body shop.

Keep us posted!

Snack

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.