Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:handball: i lost the alarm clicker to my "87" factory alarm. {or dealer installed }.
I have ben told that Code Alarm made the alarms for ford in that era. Anyway i took a gamble and bought a clicker on Ebay that is from the same era, and looks exactly like the one i lost[it was 5 bucks, what the hell] . Does anyone know how to reprogram this ancient alarm to a different clicker? THANKS Z

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
crap I used to know how to do that.......****, find out what company makes the alarm if they are still around and see i they can tell you I think it has something to do with the frequency in the remote and the car, they have to match and there is a way to change it. Its like a univeral remote for your home, theres is a certain sequence to press the button or something.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
old alarm

Thanks for the reply!! I think Code Alarm made the unit for ford, at lesat thats what the not very helpful folks at Ford said. Do you ride often? I have a "90" kx 250 and thats more than i need, I bet your 500 is scary!:eyepoppin

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
the 500 get it done pretty good. it will do 120 without even knowing it, but Im waiting to get my zx9R here in a year or two. I ride every chance I get, sunny warm days, sunny cold days. About to click over 16000 on the bike in like 5 miles.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
hence the, "in a year or two" response

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.