Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need to take apart the rear console of my '06 to install some new speakers in the back. Does anyone have a removal diagram they could post?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
352 Posts
some help.

I have this i hope it helps..

·
Registered
263 Posts
Just pull the speaker covers, use a torx screw driver or bit to remove the four screws in each speaker and your donew. However, the back screws are a real bear to get in and out. I replaced them all with long bolts, lock washers and nuts. Drop them in from the top and tighten from underneath the deck. Much easier to get in and out now.

Redeemer said:
I need to take apart the rear console of my '06 to install some new speakers in the back. Does anyone have a removal diagram they could post?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info, would you also happen to have the wire color designations for:

Front Left +/-
Front Right +/-

Rear Left +/-
Rear Right +/-

I don't want to cut the factory speaker connectors off, I'm just going to make some adapters for the Clarions.

Cheers!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Any luck figuring out the polarity? Does anyone know the impedance of the back speakers? I want to put in some better ones, but will just use the stock amp.

·
Registered
263 Posts
4 ohm. Most mainstream speakers on the market will work fine with the factory amp. I am running a pair of Infinity's and a pair of Rockford Fosgates. I went with a Q Logic box and a pair of Rockford Fosgate Punch 10's in the rear.

Frost said:
Any luck figuring out the polarity? Does anyone know the impedance of the back speakers? I want to put in some better ones, but will just use the stock amp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts