Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up guys,
I just recently (yesterday) put in some new guage backing in my car. But during the instal the needles popped off and now my temp, speed, and rpm guages are off.. Is there anyway to reset the guages? If not, whats the best/easiest way to get them back to normal.

Temp guage shows about 50% hotter than it should
Speed shows about 2-4 mph faster than im going (I think, i paced a friend that thats what it seemed to be.)
rpm shows a few hundred lower than it really is.

Any ideas? Thanks,

H3lls

Oh, and when i had to install an inverter for it i attached it to my fog light switch, so when my parking lights are on and fog lights are on then my guages would work. Because i had no idea what wire to splice it to from my light switch. I blew one fuse and now getting another, im just afraid ill keep blowing fuses... Any better idea on which wire to attach to? (Colors would be helpful)

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
yeah there should be a fuse map on your fuse panel that should tell you the color of the hot wire for the dash lights, splice into that and you should be good.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anything about reseting my guages? Like pulling out a fuse :tongue, searched the internet and saw a couple of sites that do that service but for $275... Id rather buy a whole new gauge cluster thingy... Anyways, any idea on what i should do?

H3lls

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.