Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2007 GT premium, manual.
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I know is another resonator thread related but cant find any info about what I want to do, but before I need some advise with my GT 2007

I've reading that must be placed right before the x/h a little back where the tube bends. I currently have jlt3, nonbranded long tubes, no cats, a sh**ty aftermarked X from amazon the pure X shape (dont judge me) and borla proXs. I dont like very much the sound because is so quiet at idle even at 3k cruising tbh and it sounds like a honda (no hate). If you want some clips and admin allow it theres a few on my instagram 3v_stang. Well my question is. What if I switch the borlas using the Vibrant performance resonators with just a tip on them lol. Or should I need to place the Vibrants right after the X and delete the borlas? I have not seen any mustang using them as axle back mufflers. The mainly reason that I want to place them where the borlas is because has been lowered 1.5 and im afraid that will hang close to the floor. Didnt realize that till was to late :( and im probably 90% sure that they will hit hard with any bumpspeed or w.e it cross on my road.

Thank you in advanse guys, please guide me!

**SORRY if im at the wrong section, If thread needs to be moved, do it please.

·
Super Moderator
3,506 Posts
Welcome and thank you for joining ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules and be sure to complete your Account Settings.
We are glad you have chosen to be a part of our community and we hope you enjoy your stay.

Thread moved and title improved. You should get some replies now.

Reactions: 3v_s197

·
Registered
2007 GT premium, manual.
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome and thank you for joining ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules and be sure to complete your Account Settings.
We are glad you have chosen to be a part of our community and we hope you enjoy your stay.

Thread moved and title improved. You should get some replies now.
Thanks Jackson, I’ll go to complete my profile now. And yea I’ve reading a lot before posting just to be sure nothing missing. I’ve seen too that community here is very helpful, respectful and sometimes a little bit hard but most of you share all the experiences and knowledge. Cheers to that.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
If you want it louder, the simplest thing to do is change to louder mufflers (also known as "axle back"). Hopefully you still have the original clamps where the muffler attaches to the over-axle pipe; if so you can easily change to any standard muffler that is designed to use those clamps (and the normal hangers). You can get a rough idea of how loud a muffler is, by the size of it -- the smaller, the louder. For a cheap way to try something, check your local Craig's List or e-bay for used "take-off" mufflers. Look for a small "can" muffler as a first guess.

I would avoid any custom set-up that requires cutting-and-welding because it will make things much more difficult to change in the future.

EDIT/PS: I just noticed the flag in your profile, I guess that means you are not in the US . . . if so, that makes things more difficult, you might have no choice but cut-and-weld, due to availability of parts where you are located. I have no experience with using a resonator as a muffler, so I can't comment on that.

Reactions: 3v_s197

·
Registered
2007 GT premium, manual.
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you want it louder, the simplest thing to do is change to louder mufflers (also known as "axle back"). Hopefully you still have the original clamps where the muffler attaches to the over-axle pipe; if so you can easily change to any standard muffler that is designed to use those clamps (and the normal hangers). You can get a rough idea of how loud a muffler is, by the size of it -- the smaller, the louder. For a cheap way to try something, check your local Craig's List or e-bay for used "take-off" mufflers. Look for a small "can" muffler as a first guess.

I would avoid any custom set-up that requires cutting-and-welding because it will make things much more difficult to change in the future.

EDIT/PS: I just noticed the flag in your profile, I guess that means you are not in the US . . . if so, that makes things more difficult, you might have no choice but cut-and-weld, due to availability of parts where you are located. I have no experience with using a resonator as a muffler, so I can't comment on that.
Hi B. Yes I do live in Mexico but there’s no problem getting parts from USA normally I bought stuff from AM. I live in the border with Tx and got a friend that can pick my stuff and bring them to Mexico 😂 in the other hand since I don’t have emission controls here I can go just straight but I want a deeper tone and a resonator it supposed to do the job and get ride of the raspy sound of my current setup. The short mufflers as Flowmaster 10 could do the job I guess, I’m just lost because I seen many videos but 1 of someonepeacock on YouTube caught my attention and he’s using those resonators so I might give a shot on them 🥴

thanks for your response 🤙🏼

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Many YouTubers do their street racing in Mexico. 😅

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Hi B. Yes I do live in Mexico but there’s no problem getting parts from USA normally . . .
my flag skills are a little weak, I could only tell it was not the stars and stripes, LOL . . . should have recognized Mexico

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Yea. The X pipe will give you that raspy sound. In my opinion, to counter that sound, you should go with a chambered muffler.
Also, is it possible for you to ditch the X pipe and install an H?
Combine that with the flowmaster 10s and you'll be more than happy with the sound.
I'm running basically the same thing. LTs with H pipe and single chamber race mufflers.......and some cam upgrades. Lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello guys, I know is another resonator thread related but cant find any info about what I want to do, but before I need some advise with my GT 2007

I've reading that must be placed right before the x/h a little back where the tube bends. I currently have jlt3, nonbranded long tubes, no cats, a sh**ty aftermarked X from amazon the pure X shape (dont judge me) and borla proXs. I dont like very much the sound because is so quiet at idle even at 3k cruising tbh and it sounds like a honda (no hate). If you want some clips and admin allow it theres a few on my instagram 3v_stang. Well my question is. What if I switch the borlas using the Vibrant performance resonators with just a tip on them lol. Or should I need to place the Vibrants right after the X and delete the borlas? I have not seen any mustang using them as axle back mufflers. The mainly reason that I want to place them where the borlas is because has been lowered 1.5 and im afraid that will hang close to the floor. Didnt realize that till was to late :( and im probably 90% sure that they will hit hard with any bumpspeed or w.e it cross on my road.

Thank you in advanse guys, please guide me!

**SORRY if im at the wrong section, If thread needs to be moved, do it please.
Hey...if you want your gt to be louder then just get yourself 2 series 10 Flowmaster mufflers , 2 chrome/black 4"tips and put some new straight pipes on from the X-pipe back and those series 10 on at the rear. We did this to my friends 06 GT and it sounds great (nothing like a darn Honda)and loud and has an awesome idle rumble. This is easy and won't break your bank account.

·
Registered
2007 GT premium, manual.
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys a little update my car was hit and haven’t time to get into the exhaust setup but appreciate your advise. Once it get out of the bodyshop I’ll continue with it.

Yea. The X pipe will give you that raspy sound. In my opinion, to counter that sound, you should go with a chambered muffler.
Also, is it possible for you to ditch the X pipe and install an H?
Combine that with the flowmaster 10s and you'll be more than happy with the sound.
I'm running basically the same thing. LTs with H pipe and single chamber race mufflers.......and some cam upgrades. Lol
yup I still have the stock H so I’m going to give a try too, about the flows probably if I can catch a good deal I’ll get em 🥲
Hey...if you want your gt to be louder then just get yourself 2 series 10 Flowmaster mufflers , 2 chrome/black 4"tips and put some new straight pipes on from the X-pipe back and those series 10 on at the rear. We did this to my friends 06 GT and it sounds great (nothing like a darn Honda)and loud and has an awesome idle rumble. This is easy and won't break your bank account.
By At the rear you mean as axleback muffler?

So sad isn’t? 🥲

41DEEF27-B3E6-47D5-B412-1C6664F5D62D.jpeg

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks guys a little update my car was hit and haven’t time to get into the exhaust setup but appreciate your advise. Once it get out of the bodyshop I’ll continue with it.

yup I still have the stock H so I’m going to give a try too, about the flows probably if I can catch a good deal I’ll get em 🥲

By At the rear you mean as axleback muffler?

So sad isn’t? 🥲

View attachment 780531
Sorry about your accident. Damn tailgaters

·
Registered
2007 GT premium, manual.
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A quick update. I talked with Vibrant performance tech and they said that can be used as muffler, so I’ll try to install them today and see how it works as axle back muffler. It think is gonna be loud. And yet my car hasn’t be fixd yet 🤦🏻‍♂️ But im anxious to drop in the resonators so 🤷🏻

·
Registered
2007 GT premium, manual.
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Another update: Resonators as mufflers now are in place 👌🏻 just made some minors adjustments and they fit well:
also there’s a short clip sound but don’t know how to upload it here but if admins allow it I’ll drop my Instagram/Tiktok so you can check it.
thanks guys 🙏🏻

1 - 14 of 14 Posts