Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever used the can of engine restore? i seen a commercial that says it restores compression, horsepower, oil consumption, and engine life. does it really work? i bought some today for my 85 5.0 and was wondering if it works. from when i bought the car a year ago and now, it feels like it is lacking performance. maybe i am just used to it seeing as i was driving a 4 cylinder stang before the v-8. does this stuff really work? and what size tires should i get for my stock wheels? they are 15's with P225's on the front and it rubs when i turn left. thank you for any suggestions and restore product info.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I'v used it on high milage/high abuse engines. It did provide a noticable improvement.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi,I have a 1987 lx 5.0 and I had the same problem with tires rubbing on the front so I put 215's on the front and I have no more rubbing.

·
Registered
651 Posts
The Restore works great! I used it on a Chevy Corsica I have. The car had 140k miles and when I got, I am still not sure why I ever bought it, but it idled rough, hesitated and any power was not existant.

So I put the Restore into the oil and like they say after 500 miles it was such a noticable difference. The car idled smooth, didn't hesitate and definitly had some kick, its the 3.1 V6 model not the four banger. I have had the car for three years and 15k more miles and the results have stayed without any further applications of Restore.

Apparently the ceramic material in the Restore works its way into the scratches made in the cylinder walls during normal engine life and then bakes in. It restores the smooth cylinder walls and thus compression and power. It also improved my gas mileage by 3-4 miles per gallon in town. I would highly recommend especially if the car has a 100k plus miles on it. It can't hurt so my as well try it for less than $10.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey i used that stuff before and didnt see any results nor have i found a additive yet that does nearly what it says

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
I've seen both scenarios... it works for some and some it doesn't. I can't say either way if it works or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.