Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i just had a curious question. I would like to know if their are any companies that have taken a new body mustang but used the 67's Eleanor style body kit? I would love to own a 67 GT500E, but i would like to build my own. Two reason stops me from doing that 1. I would want the whole care updated to today's technology, but i know how much that would cost me. 2 i dont want to contribute to other Eleanor clones out there. Also if anyone knows someone who works for Ford if they would just build a new mustang with the old 60's body style they would not stop selling them. any ways thanks guys.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Hey guys i just had a curious question. I would like to know if their are any companies that have taken a new body mustang but used the 67's Eleanor style body kit? I would love to own a 67 GT500E, but i would like to build my own. Two reason stops me from doing that 1. I would want the whole care updated to today's technology, but i know how much that would cost me. 2 i dont want to contribute to other Eleanor clones out there. Also if anyone knows someone who works for Ford if they would just build a new mustang with the old 60's body style they would not stop selling them. any ways thanks guys.
they sell new edge body kits that look like eleanor. not the same though..........get an old 67-69 fastback restore it and put that body kit on it with a 429 cobra jet under the hood...............ohhh man this is going to be my next project.....

·
Registered
1,319 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Talking about something like this? It was at the NMRA finals in Bowling Green KY this year, it is a one off build that used a 1967 fastback body and a 2009 Shelby chassis with a mix of classic interior and the modern interior. If somebody says it cannot be done think again I have many pictures of the build.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Talking about something like this? It was at the NMRA finals in Bowling Green KY this year, it is a one off build that used a 1967 fastback body and a 2009 Shelby chassis with a mix of classic interior and the modern interior. If somebody says it cannot be done think again I have many pictures of the build.

ive this done before and i think it was done at SEMA last year or maybe this year i cant remember. but i have seen it done before

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
Not sure if you're a true do-it-yourself/high dollar fabrication type, but you might consider taking something like this and dropping your engine and drivetrain and perhaps some modded interior components into something like this:

1967, 1968, 1969 & 1970 Mustang Fastback Body Shells from Mustang Depot

Perhaps it's not exactly what you have in mind, but it's different than 3M body kits and a bit more authentic in appearance.

I saw pic's of a guy who did this very thing by turning a classic '69 Mach1 into an '11 Roush, but for the life of me I cannot find them to post here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts