Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing a return style fuel setup on my 04 GT. Now the car wont idle but it will stay running as long as I give it gas (it runs super rich though).
Im thinking that since the electronic fuel sensor isnt being used that I have to get the car tuned again for it to run properly since it is throwing a bunch of codes now.
Can anybody that has done this conversion already give me some advice? I would rather not tow the car to the tuner only to find out I need to install something else.

Setup is 98GT rails/regulator, 50lbs injectors, Ford GT pump, T-rex BAP, and I added the return port to the top of the fuel hat.

B
0 Posts
I just finished installing a return style fuel setup on my 04 GT. Now the car wont idle but it will stay running as long as I give it gas (it runs super rich though).
Im thinking that since the electronic fuel sensor isnt being used that I have to get the car tuned again for it to run properly since it is throwing a bunch of codes now.
Can anybody that has done this conversion already give me some advice? I would rather not tow the car to the tuner only to find out I need to install something else.

Setup is 98GT rails/regulator, 50lbs injectors, Ford GT pump, T-rex BAP, and I added the return port to the top of the fuel hat.
It needs to be retuned. Can your tuner get you a "start up" tune just to get you to the Dyno? Got a buddy with a car trailer? Preferable one with a winch. That's how mine got down to the shop.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
yeah the injector pulsing is completely different on a return style system

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. Went to the tuner today so I should be back on the road soon.
Hopefully itll be fast enough this time

1 - 4 of 4 Posts